Ramclapp2017

Caldwell lead sled $40

3 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

Boy did this thread get hijacked, I will continue on with it.   The only problem with the first " I will take it" is sometimes guys commit even tho they have questions.  Then when they get the wrong answers, they back out.  I usually will say " I will take it, pending some questions"  Totally up to the seller to let me ask them or go to the first guy that takes it without questions.  When I am selling something, I give the guy who first showed interest the right or refusal.  

Some things are not black and white or info is missing in the post that might sway someone from purchasing or not.  Bottom line is do not get all ate up over not getting something online.  If they choose to sell it to someone else. BFD.  

Guy already sold the sled so I don't think it matters much.

• Like 1

Typically, I will instruct potential buyers to text or use CWT's PM for questions, with the understanding that if someone else posts "I'll take it" in the thread before them- they lose out.  That is simply the risk you run.  Early on, I had a few members PM me with a commitment to buy - only to stall me for several days before backing out or trying to negotiate a different price.  By that point, I had already posted a SPF in the thread which discouraged other potential buyers from stepping up.  I like to have members on record where everyone can see what is going on and who is potentially dealing in bad faith or playing fast and loose with member's good will.

First of all...do not use a lead sled! These things will ruin a perfectly good rifle stock.

Ask me how I know. 

I'll tell you anyway. Weatherby MkV Deluxe, cracked the pistol grip, elongated the action screw holes, and wasted a bunch of $ before I figured out that I had ruined the stock.

I cut the back out of it and it works fair for ladder test. 

Don't do it!!!!

That was a beautiful stock that my wife had selected for our 15 year anniversary. Now it's in a very ugly piece of plastic. 

Please Remind me, what is the good buyer list and good seller list for?