Sign in to follow this  
azsugarbear

WTS: Custom Rifle in 6.5-06 AI

Up for sale is one of my favorite rigs.  This custon rifle was built by well-known gunsmith Kirby Allen out of Montana.  You can check out his website here: https://apsrifles.com .  Custom components for this build along with current prices are as follows:

Action:  Lawton 7000 Repeater (Rem 700 La footprint) -blueprinted by Kirby    (No longer available, but paid $875 nearly 13 years ago)

Base:  Lawton 20 MOA Rail     (No longer available, but paid $100 nearly 13 years ago)

Bolt:   Fluted by LongRiflesInc.    $50

Barrel:  Lilja Match SS in #4 contour.  Finished at 26" with 1 in 8" twist   $380

Brake:  Defensive Edge by Shawn Carlock (indexed)    $80

Gunsmithing Work:  Chamber in 6.5-06 AI, thread barrel tennon, thread muzzle, index brake & blueprint action   $600

Stock:  Manners Ultralight Carbon Hunter    $780  (now known as EH Series)

Trigger:  Huber Concepts 2-Stage set at 1 lb.   $300

Paint:  Five Color Cerakote in Kryptek camo   $250

Bottom metal:  Std. Rem 700 BDL   $75

If my math is right, I have nearly $3,500 of top quality parts & labor in this build (excluding tax & shipping costs).  Also included with the sale of the rifle: a set of Redding 6.5-06 AI dies and approx. 150 of 2-x fired 6.5-06 AI Winchester brass fully fire-formed from 270 Win brass.  Probably another $225 in value right there.  (The Atlas bipod shown in the picture is not included in the sale.)  Although not included in the sale, I do have approx. 300 count of the 6.5mm 130 gr. Accubond bullets and a couple pounds of H 4831 SC that could also be purchased to help you get started.  And no - I am not interested in selling the bullets or powder separately at this time.

The rifle weighs 8 lbs. as is.  It shoots in the .5-.75 MOA range when you do your part.  It loves both the 130 gr. Accubond (3,050 fps) - very mild load and the 160 gr Matrix bullets (3,075 fps) - very stout load.  It has a documented 1,136 rounds down the barrel (including all load development and fouling rounds).  This rifle has taken everything from coyotes to elk.  The stock has some paint chips from normal field use, but no dents or dings in the carbon shell itself.   If you do not want the 2-stage trigger, I would be happy to reduce the price by $200 and keep it.     Price is: $2,250

As always, CWT members get first shot at anything I sell before posting on different websites/boards.  The first "I'll take it" in the thread trumps any PM's or text message.  I like everything out in the open for all to see.  No back door deals.  For questions, you can post in the thread or send me a PM.

65.06-1.JPG

6.5-06-2.JPG

6.5-06-3.JPG

6.5-06-4.JPG

• Like 3