Sign in to follow this  
Newbie2012

Early fire season

9 minutes ago, northAZarcher said:

Not looking good for north Flagstaff.  Sounds like some homes are now on fire and it jumped 89A.  The direction it's headed, it might run into the cinder lakes which could be a good thing. The wind is crazy right now. 

Yeah, if it keeps going NE, it’ll run out of the fine fuels and hit the cinders and hopefully settle down. Unfortunately, there are a lot of houses in between. I have friends on the east side of 89A evacuated around 1pm.

8 minutes ago, Newbie2012 said:

Yeah, if it keeps going NE, it’ll run out of the fine fuels and hit the cinders and hopefully settle down. Unfortunately, there are a lot of houses in between. I have friends on the east side of 89A evacuated around 1pm.

I know a lot of people evacuating. Some said there are house on fire as they were leaving.

• Sad 1

The fire missed me by about 1000 yards. If the wind shifts I might still be f'ed, but so far I'm good. I'm under evacuation orders but won't leave untill I absolutely have too. The fire swept through 200-500 homes. How many are still standing, no one knows at this point. I've heard sheriff's and summit fire were working on someone trapped in a burning home. Absolute worst case scenario.

PXL_20220419_205128694.jpg

• Sad 3

33 minutes ago, nateNAU said:

The fire missed me by about 1000 yards. If the wind shifts I might still be f'ed, but so far I'm good. I'm under evacuation orders but won't leave untill I absolutely have too. The fire swept through 200-500 homes. How many are still standing, no one knows at this point. I've heard sheriff's and summit fire were working on someone trapped in a burning home. Absolute worst case scenario.

PXL_20220419_205128694.jpg

Wow, close! Stay safe!

On 4/18/2022 at 5:20 PM, wildwoody said:

Why December 1st forest police, kinda agree but why the 1st of December ?

After all elk hunts.

Scary. I have some similar pics of the Wallow fire. Stay safe. 

We have 3 employees that live in the area, the fire burned houses all around them but not theirs. Last heard over 50 structures burned.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

Anybody got a map of exactly where this fire cut through? Prayers for those in its path and NateNAU be safe! 1000 yards ain't much in fire/wind conditions!!!

Wow, those pics and video are wild.  But a little to close for comfort. Keep the updates coming Nate , but STAY SAFE