Lv2hnt

East Valley vehicle air condtioning service needed!

I'm fortunate to drive a sponsored Heroes Rising Outdoors truck. Sometimes I need to use my personal vehicle when our HRO truck is needed to pull Az Elk Society's trailers to different events.

My older Chevy 4x4 hasn't been driven much the past couple years. Just discovered the A/C isn't blowing cold. Hopefully it's an easy fix and not the compressor!

Whose a reliable A/C guy in the East Valley (I'm on Gilbert/Chandler border)?

Appreciate your speedy replies --- I'm scheduled to leave for a turkey hunt this Thursday ... (Fingers crossed)

Thanks!

--- Tom (Lv2hnt)

Not sure how old is "older" but those recharge cans at your local auto parts store are cheap to try if compatible. 

Truck in question is a '98 Chevy 4x4 that has been maintained mechanically until this non-working A/C issue. Would be willing to try a DIY re-charge if anyone out there would be willing to help me go that route --- I am not a wrench monkey and due to my full HRO schedule honestly don't want to tackle this on my own at this late point.

My phone #: (480)760-3868 if you have the inclination to help out the next couple days/eves, I'm flexible on time and can come to you with parts/refrigerant needed.

Appreciate your checking out my thread,

Lv2hnt (Tom Wagner)

It takes 10 minutes max to throw a can of refrigerant in. 

Make sure you get one of the cans with a gauge on it.

overcharging the system will also cause it to stop cooling.

If you buy it at Autozone they will help you put it in.

• Like 1

AZ Auto Air located in Tempe. Great shop. They will diagnose it and give you up front pricing before doing anything and even let you know what parts you need if you want to do the work yourself. Best experience I have had with a local shop. Their number is 480-464-1100. 

• Like 1

Appreciate those who responded! Slight delay in tackling this, but on the short to-do list ...