218buck

New Mexico draw

I drew unit 23 muzzleloader mule deer! Can't wait for my first NM hunt. Already been escouting all morning and can't wait to start getting boots on new ground!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

All red for me but I just found out yesterday I drew a Rocky tag in CO so I ain’t complaining!!!!

Congrats on the sheep tag!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tyler1215 said:

I drew unit 23 muzzleloader mule deer! Can't wait for my first NM hunt. Already been escouting all morning and can't wait to start getting boots on new ground!

That is awesome congrats

On 4/19/2022 at 6:52 PM, rkv09 said:

Going to chase some barbary sheep, haven't drawn anything in New Mexico in years. 

I drew Barbary as well, what hunt did you draw?

9 hours ago, tyler1215 said:

Curious to see how your hunt goes, that's a tough unit. Think I've seen more lions than deer.

Any tips from the NM guys on the off range Oryx hunt- January?  I know the units I’ve seen them in, in the past. Not sure if one particular unit is better to focus on or not. 

11 hours ago, spectrum said:

Curious to see how your hunt goes, that's a tough unit. Think I've seen more lions than deer.

I'll make sure to update you after the hunt. I have no expectations as it will be my first time hunting new mexico and only second mule deer tag. Already planning at least three scouting to trips, one in the northern part of the unit, middle, and southern part. Hopefully after those trips I'll have it narrowed down as to where I want to focus

On 4/20/2022 at 10:22 PM, spectrum said:

I drew Barbary as well, what hunt did you draw?

I drew the 29/30 late January hunt.