Sign in to follow this  
Crazymonkey

Kentucky man takes a white Turkey

“Captures”. That’s adorable. Also, I don’t want this title in my Google search, so I will just take what I can get from this thread. 

2 minutes ago, Allforelk said:

“Captures”. That’s adorable. Also, I don’t want this title in my Google search, so I will just take what I can get from this thread. 

i thought it was funny

I've seen albinos' in the bab, but you can still some light color variations in the tail  and wings, looks like a real clean domestic turkey. Just me

• Like 5

I've seen an albino turkey hen in unit 27 on an elk hunt.  Would come in every late afternoon to a tank I was sitting and eat the bugs off the tall grass around the water.  The turkey I saw was not nearly as white as these birds.  She was more of a yellowish white.

• Like 1

Personally I would pass on a turkey like that. To me it looks like an escaped farm raised butterball even if it is a true albino. I just like the looks of each subspecies of the wild turkey. The chocolate tipped tail feathers of the eastern, almost black wings of the Osceola, tan tipped feathers and long spurs of a rio, lighter tipped fan and thick feathers of a Merriam's, and the white tipped fan and large size of the Gould's.   

• Like 3

There are quite a few in NM just over the border from Alpine. Not that white though. 

On 4/20/2022 at 9:02 PM, wildwoody said:

I've seen albinos' in the bab, but you can still some light color variations in the tail  and wings, looks like a real clean domestic turkey. Just me

I thought the same thing

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MuggyMan said:

I thought the same thing

Me too.