Sign in to follow this  
Crazymonkey

A weekend in 6a with some friends

I was up in 6a this weekend with some friends .The water holes are over flowing right at the moment.We did see some elk just outa camp and they looked good .They are in between there winter and summer coats.Ran across some deer and a turkey.My buddy who has been up there had never seen a bird.We did find a set of 6x6 sheads he found one side and I the match about ten feet apart.The turkey are gobbling early and were easy to locate Saturday and Sunday after the rain and hail passed Friday.It was a nice get away but made me realize I really need a toyhauler .It was bring the trailer or the sxs and I only had the trailer.I think it cost us a coyote Saturday as we were in my buddies quad and couldn't get guns loaded fast enough to get a shot.

0422221836.jpg

• Like 6

Was in 5BS yesterday, it was fantastic. DIdn't get sheds, but found some other cool stuff. Good finds!

22 Elk and an Antelope. Was a decent day. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stanley said:

Sounds like a nice Spring weekend in the woods.  Love it when the gobblers are going-off! 

It was real fun .I brought a box call and had a blast.I think my buddy wants to give turkey a try now.