Sign in to follow this  
n2horns

2022 SD Tuna/Yellowtail trips

So who is all booked up on trips out of San Diego to chase the BFT, YFT and Yellowtail?  I got 2 trips thus far, both overnighters with Cobalt and Sauerfish.  End of June and first of October.  Got my cousins and family addicted, so more trips this year.  Trying to fit in at least 2 more trips.

What do you all have planned?

6 pack (4 of us) doing a 3 day on the Primetime in August.  First time on this boat and can't wait!  Fished with Captain James on the Sauerfish in 2020 and can only talk highly of him and his crew.  Caught my personal best with them ~120# BFT.  Good luck to you and your family, hoping for another great BFT year!

I fished the Jackpot with Pablo a few times and once on the Primetime with Jake.  Had more fun with Pablo and caught more fish, but it is all subjective.

Been sticking with James on Sauerfish and Ted on Cobalt past 2 years now. Schedules match better with our windows.

• Like 1

Annual charter on the Pacifica Sept. 7-9th I believe. Will likely try and get out a few times before hand as well. Seeing lots of boats limiting out the 1st night. 

On 5/7/2022 at 10:21 PM, zackcarp said:

We went early and did ok.20220312_133747.thumb.jpg.8639bf0a1d92511b8da4606b74bf5f92.jpg

How far south did you guys go?  We fished around upper hidden 45 miles from mission bay and it was a slow bite for us.   We’re they on kelp?

2 hours ago, Green Bullet said:

How far south did you guys go?  We fished around upper hidden 45 miles from mission bay and it was a slow bite for us.   We’re they on kelp?

Im not sure how far south we were. But we were like 70 miles off sure hitting the kelp. We only got on 2 schools. We had one guy on a Blue fine but it came off the hook at the surface.

Did a 1 3/4 day a few weeks ago with my daughters.  Slayed the bluefin 40-100 lbs.  Limited out for both days the first night.  Get out there guys, it is a great year!

IMG-3807.jpg

IMG-3816.jpg

IMG-3818.jpg

IMG-5955.jpg

• Like 10

5 hours ago, mesajeeper said:

Did a 1 3/4 day a few weeks ago with my daughters.  Slayed the bluefin 40-100 lbs.  Limited out for both days the first night.  Get out there guys, it is a great year!

IMG-3807.jpg

WHats the limit? Two a day?

2 Bluefin a day, 5 Yellowtail. 

Missed a 3 day on Polaris Supreme early April, thanks COVID. Boat limited all three days on that trip. Got a credit on the boat for this fall or next spring. 

I have a 3 day end of this month on the American Angler and will probably do a trip in the fall pending the deer draw. 

• Like 1