I have a dry tanned Coues cape I just picked up from the taxidermist. It was my sons buck and he moved out of state and won’t be mounting his buck now. It was a 98” buck from Az unit 23. I haven’t measured the neck yet, if you need that to decide. Picture attached.  I live in Queen Creek and work in Mesa. $300. 
Bobby 480-22O-65O1

5C681665-F01C-4DCD-BCC5-037B8D8EEA6C.jpeg.10997d60f244af226d6c3b92587ba2be.jpeg

Stud buck!!  With all the hides being confiscated at the border the past 2 years, mature capes are hard to find.  This should go fast.

I would love to mount that buck for you if you would like! 
send me a message if interested and I can send you some recent bucks I have mounted. That buck is a giant and needs to be mounted!

Is that really what a tanned cape is worth?

might need to sell mine and forgo plans to mount my buck

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SunDevil said:

Is that really what a tanned cape is worth?

might need to sell mine and forgo plans to mount my buck

Due to the recent shortage of capes, $300 has been the going rate for a tanned cape.

No that's high for a tanned cape but if the right person wants it he will get it. It only cost $62.00 to get it tanned.

7 hours ago, bowelk341 said:

No that's high for a tanned cape but if the right person wants it he will get it. It only cost $62.00 to get it tanned.

Yes, plus the cost to have it fleshed and shipped.  I charge $150 to flesh in my shop.  The recent supply issues has driven the cape costs up drastically.

5 hours ago, AZBIG10 said:

How much is a mount. 

Depends on the Taxidermist.  Most are $650 plus.

I include fleshing with my big game taxidermy prices.  

13 hours ago, bowelk341 said:

Cape, flesh, salt, shipping back and forth plus the tanning cost of $60 …$300 is worth every penny especially if you want to include time at the tannery and today’s shipping rates are ridiculous. Get it now ready to mount it’s a more than fair deal …to me at least. 

• Like 1