Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

I need a trigger swap

I have a barreled action with a Timney trigger I need moved over to a another gun to replace the stock trigger. Remington 700's.

Easy peasy. Remove barreled action from stock. Put it in a vice trigger up. Remove bolt. Put safety in "on" position. Now drive the rear pin towards the left side just enough so the bolt release and spring clear the pin. Watch out for flying parts, namely the bolt release spring. A plastic bag around the whole thing will keep the spring from disappearing but not completely necessary. Now that you have removed the bolt release and spring you can drive the rear pin to the right till it exits. Now you're ready to remove the front pin and the trigger. The sear spring on the old trigger may come loose so keep that in mind. The Timney should be self contained and easy to move to the other rifle. Go to YOU TUBE for video.

31 minutes ago, L Cazador said:

Easy peasy. Remove barreled action from stock. Put it in a vice trigger up. Remove bolt. Put safety in "on" position. Now drive the rear pin towards the left side just enough so the bolt release and spring clear the pin. Watch out for flying parts, namely the bolt release spring. A plastic bag around the whole thing will keep the spring from disappearing but not completely necessary. Now that you have removed the bolt release and spring you can drive the rear pin to the right till it exits. Now you're ready to remove the front pin and the trigger. The sear spring on the old trigger may come loose so keep that in mind. The Timney should be self contained and easy to move to the other rifle. Go to YOU TUBE for video.

THanks. I've watched some videos.