Sign in to follow this  
carpcody

WTB Youth Rifle

Looking to see what’s out there for a youth rifle. Nothing fancy, I have a couple daughters that are getting old enough to hunt and they need a shorter length of pull. Not real picky on caliber but would prefer .243, 7-08 or 6.5. 

I will agree with prdatar on the axis for a cheap kids gun.Once you do the trigger upgrade.I've been on the hunt for next years kids giveaway guns and for the few bucks more the ruger american in the go wild series is about the best bang for the buck its advantages over the axis make it worth a look .Adjustable trigger,one piece rail for scope mounts,cerakote,and a threaded barrel with a break they seem to balance well and the guys say they shoot great .Ill be picking up a few for the giveaway myself.

Thanks for the suggestions. Does the ruger wild come in the shorter length of pull? Iv been looking at the ruger compact rifle and they seem decent. I was hoping to find a rifle that somebody’s kid has out grown but new is definitely an option too. 

I didn't see a compact version but I didn't ask about it.So I'm not sure .Wish remington was still making the 700 youth with the spacer stock.The only other I've heard of is a mossberg youth .

• Like 1