Couzer

2022 Chiricahua’s Goulds

5 hours ago, naturebob said:

No, I have had only 1 . never applied again. I beleive in giving others a chance at the tag. Standman is the guy whose had 3.................BOB!

with people changing names from the other boards, I have trouble ... imagine 3 tags!?  Can I join the Gould's Club with a Mexico turkey?  ;)

• Like 2

20 hours ago, SunDevil said:

From Friday 

87A2F673-6226-41F6-8BC5-E05373FAFDE6.thumb.jpeg.6df321e56edd9851310f2c47a4c52422.jpeg

Nice…congrats! And crazy on your daughter getting called again. All Chiricahuas tags or different units?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SunDevil said:

All 29/30A

I spend a lot of time is those units and feel they could easily double the tags there.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, zackcarp said:

I spend a lot of time is those units and feel they could easily double the tags there.

I think they could in several units ,but probly afraid of something happening like a die off or disease that could wipe em out if numbers got to low and wipe out their project. Pretty neat thing thev'e done with them. I think they are still introducing them to other areas too, if any body knows holler!..............BOB!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zackcarp said:

I second that...

• Like 1

If and when they do increase the tag numbers I think it will be with an added third or fourth hunt to keep the number of hunters in the field at one time down to avoid conflicts between hunters. There are a lot birds but they are concentrated in fewer areas. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Little Creek Calls said:

If and when they do increase the tag numbers I think it will be with an added third or fourth hunt to keep the number of hunters in the field at one time down to avoid conflicts between hunters. There are a lot birds but they are concentrated in fewer areas. 

Eh, I disagree. I've seen them all over out there. Even in the flats and in parts of 30A. Guys can spred out enough. 

Even driving down the road in the most popular area you'll see a dozen right off the road.

• Like 1

Once they relocated a dozen or so birds to the San Bernardino Wldlife Refuge east of Douglas. If you've never been there its just a huge mesquite thicket with a few cottonwood trees. I thought that was the dumbest waist to relocate turkeys there. Within a year they were all gone. I dont get the decision they make sometimes. 

• Like 1

Yes. They could do 3 hunts that are 7 days each. More opportunity, isn’t that one of their priorities?

• Like 2

On 5/8/2022 at 6:09 AM, Rharris said:

Here is my wife 2021 Goulds from unit 29. Fun hunt plenty of birds. Hopefully I can draw in the next few yrs.IMG_20210508_182717314_HDR.thumb.jpg.d626439ae46c4cd2b3ce29aefdc318e6.jpg

Awesome, if I ever draw again my kids will be getting the tag! I hope my wife draws soon 👍