CouesFanatic

Pointguard Plus

Maybe I'm dense but I don't understand why instead of a $5 fee for regular point guard, now for $25 I can cover 3 draws in a row. G&F likes loss of revenue? Are there really people going to buy regular point guard when pointguard plus gets first dibs to tags surrendered?

• Like 2

They did raise the regular point guard fee to $10…but yeah unless someone only puts in for one tag a year it doesn’t make sense to not buy the plus if buying. 

Maybe I misread it but I read it as you can use it three years in a row, example, grandma Lucille helps Little Timmy average up to a 4b archery elk tag with her 25 points in 2022, surrenders the tag, then does it again in 2023 and 2024.  I really hope I read that wrong as that is my one and only beef with point guard and point averaging for that matter 

• Like 5

I believe you can only use point guard once per species? 

Just another way to get more $$$ and for more people to use it to there advantage to boost those with less odds of getting tags into a more viable position to draw tags.This will ultimately lead to the boosting of applicant's year after year and make it harder for the avarage guy to draw.I'm all for the idea of not loosing your points but the tags for all applicants should be returned .So this won't turn into a 1 person with a lot of points just running up everyone's points then just turning in just there tag in and starting over now for 3 years in a row .What a chance for some good scammers.

• Like 2

Point guard was fine the way it was for the $5.  This is an accounting policy pure and simple.  The department is trying to get the money up front so they can better plan and budget for the future.  If they notice a shortfall they can sell some more of those special tags they started selling last year.

I'm telling you our G&F dept leads the way in figuring out how to make make money from hunters without ever improving hunting, habitat, or wildlife numbers. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yotebuster said:

Maybe I misread it but I read it as you can use it three years in a row, example, grandma Lucille helps Little Timmy average up to a 4b archery elk tag with her 25 points in 2022, surrenders the tag, then does it again in 2023 and 2024.  I really hope I read that wrong as that is my one and only beef with point guard and point averaging for that matter 

Yup, exactly how I read it. So the point selling game not only continues, but just got worse by a factor of 3!

• Like 1

I stand corrected. After reading the email again, it’s three consecutive draws, not years. $25 for three draws and for all species. So it appears to be a better value compared to buying $5($10 now) for every species on each draw. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Newbie2012 said:

I stand corrected. After reading the email again, it’s three consecutive draws, not years. $25 for three draws and for all species. So it appears to be a better value compared to buying $5($10 now) for every species on each draw. 

Also specifically states only 1 surrender per species 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Newbie2012 said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^This

"Priority positioning for reissuing of tags" is the only reason I would consider it.  It's also an obvious money grab.  

That's how I got my bison and one of antelope tags. 

• Like 2

A bit disturbing as they turn a cheek to the way people are abusing this whole system. 

as noted before other states offer a tag surrender for free. Point guard needs to be dialed in for single applicants only.

• Like 3

I dont think its a money grab at all. If you buy point guard anyway, the $25 is saving you money.

As for priority of getting turned in tags, I believe that is wrong. Should be the next guy/gal in line regardless of pointguard or not.

• Like 6