AZHunter95

Any luck with Gun Safe in Garage?

Hey y'all, 

This isn't a classified but has anyone had any issues with putting their gun safe in the garage? We are moving to a new house and it doesn't fit in the closet so I was hoping to put it in the garage but am nervous about the heat. I live in Phoenix, so the heat will obviously be a factor. 

Any input welcome. Thanks!

Also following..

• Like 1

I wouldn’t worry about the heat. I would insulate your garage doors if you are. I’d worry more about the monsoon humidity than anything. 

• Like 1

In our dry climate I'd be most worried about wood stocks drying and cracking overtime. This underscores the need to pull them out and and give a light wipe down and oil annually.

• Like 1

I've had mine in the garage for 20 years. The garage is insulated block, so it doesn't get much over 90 degrees. It's 27"D x 83"W x 90" T, it won't fit in the house.

this feels like some kind of fed post.... lol  I lost all my guns on a boating accident!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, campmeat said:

this feels like some kind of fed post.... lol  I lost all my guns on a boating accident!!!

hahahahaha. this gave me a good chuckle. 

• Haha 1

I didn't give the wife a choice .I've got a 48 gun liberty down stairs and a 36 gun upstairs in the office.I had no intention of ever putting safes in the garage.

• Like 1

The heat will take a toll on wood stocks especially laminated stock. I would never put my safe in the garage in the Phoenix area. Just my experience and 2 cents

• Like 3

Mine will go in the bedroom!  They make smaller safes, get 2 thst will fit thru clost door or take frame off and rebuild it !

I hesitate to put anything firearm related in a place that someone that isn’t supposed to could see it. My neighbor has his in the garage and it’s plainly visible when he comes and goes. 
should you choose to put it in the garage use a vapor barrier underneath it. 

If you need to buy a smaller safe to put in the house let me know if you want to sell it