Sign in to follow this  
J&Jsons

Boycott of Aspen Lodge in Alpine, AZ

44 minutes ago, photofool said:

Californian has applied for a permit to build a 111 space RV park in the meadow at Alpine.

I hope they do not approve it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bigorange said:

Is that behind all those cookie cutter cabins that popped up by the Rv park?

Same Guy.

6 hours ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

Judd ranch was up for sale 4+million.........had to know that anybody that could afford that price was gonna wreck it!!!

The people that bought the Judd ranch ,say there will be no buildings in that meadow. Will keep it open for the Elk. We will see. there is so many people moving into Alpine 

its going to heck anyway.

On 5/20/2022 at 7:55 PM, photofool said:

The people that bought the Judd ranch ,say there will be no buildings in that meadow. Will keep it open for the Elk. We will see. there is so many people moving into Alpine 

Interestingly enough I got into a discussion with a G$F officer darting elk off  of FS 26 last summer. Supposedly they were putting collars on elk to track wolf impact.

I asked him why he thought there were so many elk in the area specifically the Alpine meadow! He told me they had always been there which is debatable. 

When my dad built his summer home in the edge of the "Alpine meadow" back in the 70's a person had to drive to Reservation Lake to see elk :) 

I hope you are correct about the buildings and you are correct about the slippery slope and going to heck!!!

On 5/20/2022 at 1:35 PM, PRDATR said:

I hope they do not approve it.

Seriously 

The whole thread is to bash CA attitude and then you exibit  the same NIMBYism and anti-capitalist mindset

LMAO

On 5/20/2022 at 7:55 PM, photofool said:

How many people built new homes in Alpine last year? 5? 10?

How many in '22? 

The inaccurate messages in this forum are astounding. “Non-typical solutions” you absolutely were not treated like a dirtbag for not wearing a mask. Because the Aspen Lodge never required masks and they have excellent reviews for customer service. Unlike the slanderous person posting this who has never met the owners and doesn’t know anything about them, but yet tries to hurt a family business because they have a different perspective of wildlife. The business does not post slanderous things about you and did you no personal harm. Takes a special kind of person to open up this thread. Why don’t you speak directly to the owners and share? 
and if you lived in Alpine, you’d know that the AL has nothing to do with building trailer parks or cabins. But you don’t. 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, AmericanGirl said:

The inaccurate messages in this forum are astounding. “Non-typical solutions” you absolutely were not treated like a dirtbag for not wearing a mask. Because the Aspen Lodge never required masks and they have excellent reviews for customer service. Unlike the slanderous person posting this who has never met the owners and doesn’t know anything about them, but yet tries to hurt a family business because they have a different perspective of wildlife. The business does not post slanderous things about you and did you no personal harm. Takes a special kind of person to open up this thread. Why don’t you speak directly to the owners and share? 
and if you lived in Alpine, you’d know that the AL has nothing to do with building trailer parks or cabins. But you don’t. 

As mentioned in the other post. The simple question is do you guys support keeping the overgrown rats in the forest? If so then most likely we all hope your business shuts down regardless of how nice you or your family may be.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, AmericanGirl said:

Feral horses ain’t wildlife.  But they do carry a disease that kills our native bighorn sheep.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, AmericanGirl said:

The inaccurate messages in this forum are astounding. “Non-typical solutions” you absolutely were not treated like a dirtbag for not wearing a mask. Because the Aspen Lodge never required masks and they have excellent reviews for customer service. Unlike the slanderous person posting this who has never met the owners and doesn’t know anything about them, but yet tries to hurt a family business because they/them have a different perspective of wildlife. The business does not post slanderous things about you and did you no personal harm. Takes a special kind of person to open up this thread. Why don’t you speak directly to the owners and share? 

Difference is people like the Arizona wildlife manager in here have decades worth of experience and real world perspective in wildlife management

and you people just have your feelings.

• Like 5

If you support feral horses on public land, then you’re not a friend of most wildlife managers and sportsmen.  As such, I will never recommend your business to anyone…..and I let them know why.  Several hunters/fishermen have already stayed other places once they learn of your skewed feral horse beliefs.

I like domestic horses and folks who use them……having said that, I wouldn’t care if feral horses (vermin) died a slow and agonizing death on public lands. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

All the feral horses up there and on the Salt plus all the damned donkeys by Pleasant and elsewhere should be shot along with the hippies trying to protect them

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BOHNTR said:

If you support feral horses on public land, then you’re not a friend of most wildlife managers and sportsmen.  As such, I will never recommend your business to anyone…..and I let them know why.  Several hunters/fishermen have already stayed other places once they learn of your skewed feral horse beliefs.

I like domestic horses and folks who use them……having said that, I wouldn’t care if feral horses (vermin) died a slow and agonizing death on public lands. 

Well I don't endorse a slow agonizing death, but rounding up feral horses for a quick dispatch or placement I can live with .

@AmericanGirl how do you feel about invasive species? Do you know the damage feral horses are doing in AZ? 

• Like 2

Wow. You guys really give hunters in general a bad name. There are a lot of hunters that stay at the AL who don’t share your sadistic views. Have any of you ever spoken to us? Have you ever asked our stance? No. You listen to one person who again, has 1% of the story. Maybe start thinking for yourselves. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1