Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector

Deer/Sheep Regs

3 hours ago, PineCountryHunter said:

SMH....how are you supposed to get accurate data if you only require archery hunters to mandatory report and dont require it for firearm hunts.  This does not make any sense to me.

And how will the mandatory archery reporting be enforced?

Archery deer quotas are pretty sparse. Don’t know what the actual harvest are, but looks like a lot of units will close early.

18 minutes ago, bigorange said:

similar to bear and lion I would assume.  It will become the hunter's responsibility to report their kill.  If they fail to do that, and get caught, they will be punished. 

19 minutes ago, bigorange said:

Would be difficult to enforce I believe. Most of the data will be from the same guys that have been sending in their paperwork, or more recently completing the surveys on line. The only positive I see in the short term with this plan is the awareness and who knows, maybe in the years to come we will see more participation in the reporting. Any uptick in the percentages of data is better than nothing. It’s obvious they had to do something, just not sure this was the answer. Time will tell. 

1 hour ago, bigorange said:

Taxidermists and meat packers and only thing I can think of 

• Like 1

Social media.  People can’t seem to keep their pictures off the internet.  Look how good I am mentality.  

• Like 2

What happens when the anti's call and report "harvests" for deer and the quotas fill? No rut hunting in the desert units. Does that happen with bear and lion at all? Just something that crossed my mind. 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Yuma Outdoorsman said:

What happens when the anti's call and report "harvests" for deer and the quotas fill? No rut hunting in the desert units. Does that happen with bear and lion at all? Just something that crossed my mind. 

Bear and lion get physically checked so it does not happen. Deer on the other hand, time will tell. 

• Like 3