Sign in to follow this  
VinceDuarte

Begara vs. Christensen

Please help!! I just sold my Bergara 6.5 prc. Looking for a new rifle. I’m torn either the begara ridge ($1000) or the christensen ridgeline  ($2000) it’ll be chambered in 6.5 creedmore with a luepold mark 5 hd and silencerco harvester evo. Any and all feedback will be much appreciated.

• Confused 1

Price seems off, I got my ridge for 650$ OTD not that long ago, 6.5CM. I liked it, put it in an HS precision stock now I love it. Shoots 1/2-3/4 moa if I do my part, with my handloads. Can't see why I'd pay more for another factory rifle.

I can tell you Christian Arms chambers are very tight tolerance! Takes a lot to break them in , a lot people don’t understand and send them back to factory. Reloading can be challenge . Factory rounds suck , after buying special dies , shoots lights out 

1 hour ago, andyyy said:

Price seems off, I got my ridge for 650$ OTD not that long ago, 6.5CM. I liked it, put it in an HS precision stock now I love it. Shoots 1/2-3/4 moa if I do my part, with my handloads. Can't see why I'd pay more for another factory rifle.

The b14 wilderness ridge is 999 on sportsmans 

57 minutes ago, seek100plus said:

I can tell you Christian Arms chambers are very tight tolerance! Takes a lot to break them in , a lot people don’t understand and send them back to factory. Reloading can be challenge . Factory rounds suck , after buying special dies , shoots lights out 

Thank you I don’t plan on reloading. I’d really like to break in the barrel and use quality factory ammo!

Seekins PH 2 if you are going to spend 1800 +/-.

1 hour ago, andyyy said:

Ridge line or mesa?

2 hours ago, VinceDuarte said:

Please help!! I just sold my Bergara 6.5 prc. Looking for a new rifle. I’m torn either the begara ridge ($1000) or the christensen ridgeline  ($2000) it’ll be chambered in 6.5 creedmore with a luepold mark 5 hd and silencerco harvester evo. Any and all feedback will be much appreciated.

I have a 300wm ridgeline and it shoots lights out but I reload 

I would buy a Tikka T3x lite. Especially if you are just going to shoot factory ammo. Honestly the most accurate little rifles right out of the box nd just as light if not lighter than anything else on the shelf.  Spend your extra money on ammo. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, maximus said:

i thought you were selling  the rifle because of hospital bills.

Hospital bills are getting paid lol! But I also have my house on the market and except to make some pretty good money off of it. So me and the wife agrees to buy one splurge item before we roll the rest into a home build. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VinceDuarte said:

The b14 wilderness ridge is 999 on sportsmans 

The black pebble finish one is what I have, I think the wilderness has a better paint job and costs more.

2 hours ago, andyyy said:

Neither, Bergara Ridge b14

I don’t think the Bergara and the ca are on the same level 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, oz31p said:

I don’t think the Bergara and the ca are on the same level 

I just shared my experience with one of the options he was looking at, no comparisons were drawn