Sign in to follow this  
VinceDuarte

Begara vs. Christensen

On 5/12/2022 at 7:54 PM, andyyy said:

I just shared my experience with one of the options he was looking at, no comparisons were drawn

But this entire post is about a comparison 

• Like 1

I would pic the CA arms over the Bergara but also I wound also lookin into the seekins ph2 I bought one in a 308 for my daughter and it is an absolute tack driver 

On 5/13/2022 at 9:26 PM, oz31p said:

But this entire post is about a comparison 

point to a single reply on this thread that actually compared the two rifles he asked about. 

On 5/12/2022 at 12:47 PM, VinceDuarte said:

Any and all feedback will be much appreciated.

6 hours ago, andyyy said:

point to a single reply on this thread that actually compared the two rifles he asked about. 

Im not sure what your deal is. I just shared my experience with one of the options he was lookinat. 

I own 1 Bergara and it is one of the most accurate firearms I have shot.  I also own several full customs

I have helped with friends Christensen rifles load work and they are hit or miss

It seems they have an issue with their chambers

I have a Bergara Premier HMR Pro 6.5C that out of the box shoots sub 1/2 MOA and mostly .4 groups. I also have a Seekins Havak Pro Hunter that is as accurate. I will keep the Bergara and sell you the Seekins for a reasonable price.

My christensen ridgeline in 300prc sends a 215 berger under 1/2 moa at 100 3025fps 

• Like 1

You'll see a lot of QC issues with the Christensens if you do a search on rokslide or longrangehunting and others

• Like 1

I’d run away from Christenson.  I’ve been around a couple and I wouldn’t own one. Bergara is on the marketing hype train with hornady and vortex, but then again so is the creedmoor cartridge.  If it’s for coues deer at short to medium range it’s a good cartridge, especially for women and kids.  I personally would look for a good used custom rifle in a 6.5 PRC or similar but that’s just me.  

1 hour ago, yotebuster said:

I’d run away from Christenson.  I’ve been around a couple and I wouldn’t own one. Bergara is on the marketing hype train with hornady and vortex, but then again so is the creedmoor cartridge.  If it’s for coues deer at short to medium range it’s a good cartridge, especially for women and kids.  I personally would look for a good used custom rifle in a 6.5 PRC or similar but that’s just me.  

What doesn't make sense is he just sold a 6.5 PRC.

Like going from a Lambo to a Vette....

4 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

What doesn't make sense is he just sold a 6.5 PRC.

Like going from a Lambo to a Vette....

A chevette?

• Haha 1

On 5/12/2022 at 2:25 PM, VinceDuarte said:

Thank you I don’t plan on reloading. I’d really like to break in the barrel and use quality factory ammo!

FYI I bought 2  CA 6.5 PRCs last year  both shoot Hornady factory well under 1 moa. No break in, no special dies.

3 hours ago, MMACFIVE said:

FYI I bought 2  CA 6.5 PRCs last year  both shoot Hornady factory well under 1 moa. No break in, no special dies.

I just recently bought a CA Mesa in 300 win mag, CA's break in recommendation is 50 rounds. This sure seems like an awful lot for break in.

No experience with Bergara, but they feel nice and solid. I own a CA Ridgeline. Looks nice, shoots very good. Only issue is it has feeding issues. I did contact their customer service. They weren't overly friendly, but did say I could send it in and have it looked at. I would be on the fence to buy another just because of that issue for the price of the rifle, but it is a really nice gun.