Sign in to follow this  
ctafoya

Rim lakes?

Looking at headed up to knoll or blue ridge Friday for the weekend. The kayaks have been dry too long. Anyone been up that way recently? How's the levels? 

Was up at Knoll on 4/23. Caught a few small stockers from shore on a 1/4 oz silver/blue kastmaster. Bathtub line was a few feet lower than normal. Some pretty neat bullet holes in one of the bathroom doors, so that was interesting. Heading up to Blue Ridge next weekend, so would be curious to see how you do there if you end up going.

image.thumb.png.ce18fdd32afc828c50aa63dee624fd18.png

image.thumb.png.16312662ca3b148f164460f8705d2058.png

• Thanks 1

Knoll lake is barely off the boat ramp and has been stocked twice in the last 2 weeks. Blue Ridge is low but you can easily launch kayaks there and has been stocked with probably 7-9000 rainbows in the last 3 weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PRDATR said:

Supposed to be windy on Friday gusts to 25mph and Saturday close to 20.

Figures 

Yup, wind, wind, and more wind. Had the kayaks on the water for 10 minutes. No point when you paddle your butt off and go backwards. Didn't even get a line wet. Fishing in the wind isn't my idea of fun. 

Hung out with my wife and dog for two days instead. Beer kept is cool during the day, whiskey kept us warm at night. Good weekend. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, PRDATR said:

What was the wind doing at first light? What about sunset?

Blowing and swirling all night until this morning. I would have gone out this morning but the way my kayaks strap down I would have had to unload everything in the truck to get them off. I'm looking at new ways to have the bed loaded and still be able to access the kayaks. I strap down the front to tie down points at the front of my bed and with my rack I have no way to reach in to un strap. I'm thinking about keeping my RZR and getting a jumping jack. That way the bed will be more accessible and I can bring all the toys. 

Still, a weekend out of the valley is a good weekend. 

20220520_173940.thumb.jpg.82e0177067831f1adc13b939cd8590b3.jpg20220520_173918.thumb.jpg.595f74e2535c1e1a3d7ab38511e4e4b1.jpg

• Like 1

You should have shore fished at first light. Looks like you were higher then Woods Canyon. I imagine it's tough to Kyak in the wind and fish. Too much going on.

• Like 1

We were at knoll. Should have dropped a line this morning but we needed to get back anyway. 

We were in Pinetop for the weekend. Even at first light the wind was so bad you couldn't even cast. We tried to fish the creek below Show low but I was shocked at all the drug paraphernalia and homeless people down there. 

1 hour ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

We were in Pinetop for the weekend. Even at first light the wind was so bad you couldn't even cast. We tried to fish the creek below Show low but I was shocked at all the drug paraphernalia and homeless people down there. 

Silver creek?