Cloninger

New Mexico Wildfires

New Mexico has been hit with several huge wildfires.

Cerro Pelado Wildfire New Mexico, USA 45605 Acres 9 min. ago    start date 4/22/22  contained 81%
Black Fire Wildfire New Mexico, USA 130224 Acres 11 min. ago                  5/13/22                   6%
Calf Canyon Wildfire New Mexico, USA 310016 Acres 14 min. ago                  5/1922                    40%
Hermits Peak Fire Wildfire New Mexico, USA 310016 Acres 14 min. ago                  5/6/22                     40%
Mesquite Heat Fire Wildfire Texas, USA 11256 Acres 15 min. ago
Simms Wildfire Colorado, USA 373 Acres 1:44 hrs. ago
Bear Trap Fire Wildfire New Mexico, USA 23043 Acres 3 hrs. ago                      5/1/22                     28%
For updated information go to:  INCIWEB WILDFIRES. then click on fire incidents reporting.  

Well, my copy and paste did not format the way I had it set up!  I think you can still get the information.  The INCIWEB lists all wildfires in the US.  Check it out.

Jim

PRDATR,  I am not referring to the "media" news outlets.  This information comes directly from the commander that is in charge of putting out the wildfire.   There is lots of up to date information: Daily updates on the wildfire, daily map updates, daily evacuation information, pictures and videos of the wildfire.  Real time information on the progression of the wildfire.  All wildfires in the US are listed in the table view at the bottom of the page.  Click on the wildfire in the table you are interested in and you will get all this information.  Nothing second hand.

Jim

PS - In the matter of a couple of days Texas had about 10 wildfires start!

The Black wildfire in the Aldo Leopold Wilderness of the Black Range is devastating.  I have hunted out of Winston, NM, which is threatened by the fire.  I was planning another hunt this coming winter in the Black Range.

Jim

On 5/29/2022 at 9:51 AM, Cloninger said:

The Black wildfire in the Aldo Leopold Wilderness of the Black Range is devastating.  I have hunted out of Winston, NM, which is threatened by the fire.  I was planning another hunt this coming winter in the Black Range.

Jim

I am hopeful the intensity of the fire is not as bad because of the Silver fire from years back.. Less fuel to burn.

305,000 acres.  Now 2nd largest wildfire in New Mexico history.  The entire Black Range has been scorched.

NMG&F is removing Gila trout from Diamond Creek.

These fires must make the liberal, anti logging, tree hugging environmentalist proud of their work in not letting the forest be taken care of. No logging but with multiple huge wildfires how many trees are gone now ? Millions ! Most of NM forest are so full of blow downs and brush from neglect you can hardly ride a horse through them.