Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Lake Pleasent Boating Accident

I heard that a woman had an accident yesterday while sking and her leg was amputated. Sounds like it was caught up in the rope. Prayers to all involved. Bot it seems like there have been a lot of accidents out there this year.

For every death on the water there, probably 2-3 more on the roads around the lake.

The 32 year old lady's leg was amputated by a boat propeller.

Thank AZ Central for their usual lapsidasical reporting...

Her leg was amputated by the rope.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hunting Fool said:

I'm sure all these accidents at the lake involved alcohol.

Nope, apparently not all of them.  Investigation on this latest one continuing so maybe will change, but initial report is that impairment doesn't appear to be a factor in this latest accident.   (I'm guessing authorities would have done some sort of standard sobriety screening/checking of the boat operator(s).)

Regarding the four recent drownings, who knows....  For sure alcohol can/will impair judgement and physical abilities.  Not sure we'll ever know to what extent it was a factor with those four.  Swimming across a backyard pool is one thing, swimming across a much further stretch of open water is entirely different.   Tough deal.

• Like 3

Dehydration is always a factor as well. People forget to drink water while they’re in it. I’m sure it’s contributed to a few of those who just went under and never came back up. 

• Like 4