Ohthatguy

About to order a Penn 30 VISX reel but thought I'd see if someone had one they would rather turn into cash first. Could maybe go down to a 20 but nothing smaller. Not committed to Penn, just needs to be a decent reel.

Don't need another rod but I said that about 4 spare rods ago so another one isn't out of the question..

Thanks in advance.

would you be a lefty by chance? I have an Avet HX Raptor Left-handed though! 

HX raptor Resize.jpg

1 hour ago, Milam said:

would you be a lefty by chance? I have an Avet HX Raptor Left-handed though! 

HX raptor Resize.jpg

Unfortunately no.  Darn it...

6 minutes ago, Ohthatguy said:

Unfortunately no.  Darn it...

Learn to reel lefty. In fly fishing it's a big advantage not having to switch hands between casting and reeling. I prefer lefty now after making the switch years ago.

4 minutes ago, Little Creek Calls said:

Learn to reel lefty. In fly fishing it's a big advantage not having to switch hands between casting and reeling. I prefer lefty now after making the switch years ago.

Maybe... But I don't think I want to make the switch while tugging on a pissed off 150# tuna..

1 hour ago, Little Creek Calls said:

I’m left handed, I’ve never been comfortable with a left hand reel. Cast with left, reel with right. Idk why so many right handed guys cast right, reel right. 

I'm right handed and it's my strong arm. I cast right handed and reel left handed . But, on big fish, especially on anything over 50 pounds and on a openfaced reel i reel with my strong hand. It gives me much more coordination and strength.

Right handed

cast right

Reel left on spinning reel

reel right on trolling reel

Well since this isnt about buying a reel anymore, I use my mouth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Either one of the Avets. $400.00. Both new and never fished. The Penn 50 is a 90 vintage reel and it was my Dad's with his name on it. Never going to use it so someone should. That one is $350.00. 

20220524_200748.jpeg

40 minutes ago, grapevinedave said:

Either one of the Avets. $400.00. Both new and never fished. The Penn 50 is a 90 vintage reel and it was my Dad's with his name on it. Never going to use it so someone should. That one is $350.00. 

20220524_200748.jpeg

Thanks but probably pass due to capacity and drag but I'll talk to Ted about hotrodding it. 

I have a Penn International 30 but not two speed. Never used it more than 4 times but it has been sitting for a lot of years. Full of 100# braid.  $250.