Sign in to follow this  
bojangles

Kuiu Roll Call

58 minutes ago, Yuma Outdoorsman said:

Those wrangler outdoor pants are tough to beat for the price. I wear the shorts for fishing and pants out hunting and love em. 

I have a pair but keep passing them up for my Sitka Grinder pants.  The wranglers are OK when I know I'm not doing much busting through brush sincen they are thin. The grinders have been awesome for me.

2 hours ago, briant_az said:

The attack pants are the best pants they make. They are still $150 but I have some that are probably 10 years old. They were made in Canada back then but I think the newer stuff is a little better quality 

I had some kuiu before but they only made one size for inseam at the time. I didn't want to have to pay to hemm them too.  Plus the large shirts fit like medium.   Sold them both without ever wearing them.

I have a pair of Tiburons that have lasted 10 years, they are trashed but I keep milking them along to justify a 130$ pair of pants. the new tiburons suck IMO because they don't fit the same as the original pants did, they are more like skinny jeans, and they barely go over my calves and boots. Can't beat old school BDU pants they are every bit as good as any big money clothing outfit out there. Most people do not use those high dollar designer hunting pants to there potential, its mostly a status symbol. People fought wars in BDU pants you don't see the military wearing KUIU, first lite, or Sitka, BDU pants will last longer and the animals dont care what your clothes are anyways.

• Like 2

I know sitka has a pants line that the fabric is so tightly woven you could brush up against a teddy cholla and not have it penatrate. Or so I'm told...  If that's true I could maybe justify $150 for a pair but I'm skeptical.  

I have two pair of the Yukon rain pants ($.  Waterproof, windproof, full length zippers to gonon over boots, reinforced knees and seat.  I have worn them hunting AND working in nasty weather.  Light, packs down, but more durable than the lighterweight pants.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

I know sitka has a pants line that the fabric is so tightly woven you could brush up against a teddy cholla and not have it penatrate. Or so I'm told...  If that's true I could maybe justify $150 for a pair but I'm skeptical.  

The have a new line that is supposed to help with bug bites! I am going to wait to hear the reviews but they might be in my future because mosquitos love me.

The brush out my front door tears up any pants and I always wear gaiters. Only spend extra money on rain pants or glassing insulated pants. I found BDU style pants with ripstop are the best. I spend at least 100 days a year busting through oak brush, catclaw,  manzanita, plus all the other random plants in the way. Was on an elk hunt last year and saw new Kuiu and Sitka pants tear. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, eddielasvegas said:

I read about these on rokslide too.  Do you have a link (so I order the exact right item) for them as I want to order a pair or two to try the out?

Thanks,

Eddie

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Wrangler-Men-s-Outdoor-Zip-Cargo-Pant/935625982

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, northAZarcher said:

I have a pair but keep passing them up for my Sitka Grinder pants.  The wranglers are OK when I know I'm not doing much busting through brush sincen they are thin. The grinders have been awesome for me.

I hunt the desert flats so there isn't much for brush. There are some thicker washes we walk but you can get through the brush pretty easily. 

39 minutes ago, Yuma Outdoorsman said:

I've been running these for two years now.

I was in the 36's last Dec hunt and got nailed (as normal) by the stupid velcro seed pods again.

I ended up way worse than this photo shows.

I threw the pants away...no prob!

IMG_9645.jpg

I agree with the comments on the Attack pants. I love them for hunting but have regular colors I wear daily. As I get older my butt has shrunk and these are about the only pants that move with me and don't want to fall down.

• Like 4

On 5/24/2022 at 4:40 PM, eddielasvegas said:

I read about these on rokslide too.  Do you have a link (so I order the exact right item) for them as I want to order a pair or two to try the out?

Thanks,

Eddie

Just hit up Walmart for the solid colors. The Walmart in Payson stocks them pretty regularly. I have 4 pairs and I like them a lot. Usually around $20. 4 way stretch and really comfortable. The only thing I like my attack pants better for is scent control. I can wear my attacks for 3-5 days (depending on how hot it is) before they start to smell…..worn. 

• Like 1

On 5/25/2022 at 9:52 AM, AZBIG10 said:

I run Costco over kuiu. 

I don’t run clothing. I wear it. Actually my kids will tell you I don’t run at all. LoL

• Haha 2