JSR

Why do they keep doing this?

1 minute ago, AZBIG10 said:

In the minority here. But

Any rifle that is semi auto needs to carry the stamp similar to the silencer. The same checks and balances need to apply. 

bolt actions would be accessible without this requirement 

And that would stop what? The guns were sold thru legal stores and passed background checks as required by law .so that won't work .

• Like 1

How ignorant of the times we live does someone have to be to think that guns are the problem. I mean wow. 

up is down, down is up. We celebrate degeneracy and mental illness all day everyday. Half the population lives in the metaverse. This is the Weimar Republic. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, AZBIG10 said:

Do you have a silencer stamp?

Working on it .e-filed feb14.But that is not going to do anything .Look at how many of these people passed background checks with no problem .Do you really think the added wait will stop anything?California has a ban on just about everything you can imagine and you have the registration for California and bullet button guns and 10 round mag restrictions .Do you really think they help.The stamp is just a guy at the atf looking at your paperwork and doing the same type of check .It just takes a long time and cost more.You can't fix crazy people by punishing the masses of law abiding people.You take away a 30 round mag and they will just carry 3 ten rounders .Reloading is no big deal to most and for the second or two there is no real gain or loss of much time.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

In the minority here. But

Any rifle that is semi auto needs to carry the stamp similar to the silencer. The same checks and balances need to apply. 

bolt actions would be accessible without this requirement 

So, a Ruger 10/22 requires a stamp in your opinion?

What about a Remington 766?

Savage 64?

Marlin 795?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JSR said:

So, a Ruger 10/22 requires a stamp in your opinion?

What about a Remington 766?

Savage 64?

Marlin 795?

Any better ideas?

yeah...leave me alone.

My guns have not killed anyone.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, JSR said:

yeah...leave me alone.

My guns have not killed anyone.

Novel idea. 

I prefaced I was in the minority here. I have no other solution/suggestions to the problem. 

I have an idea towards a solution. What about a mental health background check? This would require mandatory reporting by MH doctors, which I know they would not like. However, if a convicted felon has his records available to the government for a criminal history check to keep them from buying any firearm, I'm not sure why anyone would not want an MH patient to not get flagged.

Even if they don't have a felony in their background, the psychological instability should be obvious, and the records available, to keep them from purchasing firearms, or ammunition.

Not sure why this type of idea has not been pushed by anyone.

How about... bad guys don't care about age restrictions, mag capacities, background checks, etc, etc, etc. 

How about we protect our kids with good guys with guns? Shooters/Haters will look for even softer targets and then here we go again...

• Like 4

Also in the minority here. I wouldn't be opposed to the tax stamp for an AR. But I also agree with edge and Roosevelt mark. Armed guards in schools, metal detectors and a tax stamp for semi auto rifles I could live with. 

Sometimes the right is as deeply entrenched as the left with not wanting to budge on an issue. This is one of those situations where something needs to be done and the above ideas combined are a good solution imo. A compromise is sometimes better then the all or nothing attitude that both the right and left have. 

Also, side note here. I think schools really need to crack down on the bullying. Some kids get ripped so hard at school they often feel like there is no way out for them. They are a bottle of rage that wants to be released, it's not surprising that alot of these shooters have this type of background. No it's not justified at all but when these kids snap it's not really surprising to me. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

How about let's start hanging these pos downtown for a few days. Let the public see what happens to someone who does something like this.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

How ignorant of the times we live does someone have to be to think that guns are the problem. I mean wow. 

up is down, down is up. We celebrate degeneracy and mental illness all day everyday. Half the population lives in the metaverse. This is the Weimar Republic. 

Guns aren’t the problem. Just as alcohol is not the problem; it’s the user.

but you put a bolt action in the teens hands in Texas I would speculate the fatality rate would be far less.

Just thinking out loud