JSR

Why do they keep doing this?

7 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

Guns aren’t the problem. Just as alcohol is not the problem; it’s the user.

but you put a bolt action in the teens hands in Texas I would speculate the fatality rate would be far less.

Just thinking out loud

What if he had 4800lbs of ammonium nitrate? 

• Like 2

Azbig10  you're a idiot if you think that would've made a difference. The shooter had all the time in the world to do what he did. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, 25-06 said:

Azbig10  you're a idiot if you think that would've made a difference. The shooter had all the time in the world to do what he did. 

I honestly think that if most mass shooters had bolt actions rather then semi autos then yes there would probably have been less fatalities. This particular shooting has panned out to be a lot different then most in the past. Coward cops and all..

Surprised this thread ain't in the dungeon yet.

8 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

I honestly think that if most mass shooters had bolt actions rather then semi autos then yes there would probably have been less fatalities. This particular shooting has panned out to be a lot different then most in the past. Coward cops and all..

Surprised this thread ain't in the dungeon yet.

Nah the cop in parkland let the kid shoot everyone also 

20 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Nah the cop in parkland let the kid shoot everyone also 

I said different then "most".  Point taken though.

Anyone that thinks paying the communist ATF money to register a firearm so you can exercise a right is out of their damm mind.  Keep giving your rights up and we will soon be Canada.  That's right, Brandon is now coming for your 9mm guns. Should those need a stamp too since Brandon thinks they blow lungs out of your body?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CatfishKev said:

Also in the minority here. I wouldn't be opposed to the tax stamp for an AR. But I also agree with edge and Roosevelt mark. Armed guards in schools, metal detectors and a tax stamp for semi auto rifles I could live with. 

Sometimes the right is as deeply entrenched as the left with not wanting to budge on an issue. This is one of those situations where something needs to be done and the above ideas combined are a good solution imo. A compromise is sometimes better then the all or nothing attitude that both the right and left have. 

Also, side note here. I think schools really need to crack down on the bullying. Some kids get ripped so hard at school they often feel like there is no way out for them. They are a bottle of rage that wants to be released, it's not surprising that alot of these shooters have this type of background. No it's not justified at all but when these kids snap it's not really surprising to me. 

Cat….lots of things you mention are considerations! As an educator I see it every year! Anti-bullying week! All the sudden, teacher teacher Johnny is bullying me!

Okay let’s go up to the counselor and see what’s going on!!!

No let’s not I was just kidding!!!!

Many many times the “bullied” are the bullies! Of course not always the case!

There is a LOT that goes on at school….all levels!
First you arrive at school and guess who has already been on campus for 30 minutes? The kid who’s parent(maybe) had to be to work At 7:00 and didn’t wanna leave them at the bus stop at6:30am! Chances are that kid has few friends and is behind in school!

Free breakfast….yep and guess which kids are in there? The ones that are living in foster homes, with grand parents or parents on welfare! And guess what, they eat the little box of cold cereal and throw the rest in the trash!

Bell rings and anywhere from 15-30 kids show up late anywhere from 10-30 minutes late! There’s a good chance they aren’t that successful in school and really don’t like 1st hour! Usually blame it on mom!
Lunch…..kids hang out with the kids they like but on the computer attendance program Johnny’s parents have a restraining order on Jimmy because Jimmy introduced Johnny to pot last week at the skate park and there’s 300 kids at lunch and the teachers on lunch duty need to keep an eye on them! While keeping them from running on the outside tables, off their cell phones, not vaping and the 20 girls who went into the bathroom at the same time from smoking pot! Plus the jackass boys from trying the latest TikTok challenge of busting all the soap dispensers off the wall!

Finally, school is out, parents lined up around the block in the parent pickup zone! Most of those kids come from the “successful “ homes and their parents don’t want them riding the bus because it’s too harsh for them to handle! 
So guess who’s waiting for the last bus to pick them up? Yep, low income kids that live way out, go home to sometimes no running water, no computer or internet to do homework and they usually come to school the next day wearing the same clothes!

Lots wrong out there! Lots of kids coming from broken homes and honestly $hitty living conditions!

And education system needs a serious internal gut check! Education was never intended to replace parenting!

Sorry…….long year!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, AZBIG10 said:

but you put a bolt action in the teens hands in Texas I would speculate the fatality rate would be far less.

Just thinking out loud

For those of you that don't appear able or willing to see past the concept that "guns are bad" or the mistaken belief that a bolt action gun is less lethal than a ssemi-automatic I offer for your consideration the exploit of Charles Witman who chose numerous different weapons with which to commit his murderous crime spree:

University of Texas | university system, Texas, United States | Britannica
https://www.britannica.com/topic/University-of-Texas

Of note is the fact that he committed the majority of his murders with a bolt action hunting rifle chambered in 6mm Remington... An individual determined to commit evil will not be stopped by any amount of regulations or laws...a good person with a firearm could very likely stop the criminal.......

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

Cat….lots of things you mention are considerations! As an educator I see it every year! Anti-bullying week! All the sudden, teacher teacher Johnny is bullying me!

First you arrive at school and guess who has already been on campus for 30 minutes? The kid who’s parent(maybe) had to be to work At 7:00 and didn’t wanna leave them at the bus stop at6:30am! Chances are that kid has few friends and is behind in school!

Free breakfast….yep and guess which kids are in there? The ones that are living in foster homes, with grand parents or parents on welfare! And guess what, they eat the little box of cold cereal and throw the rest in the trash!

Bell rings and anywhere from 15-30 kids show up late anywhere from 10-30 minutes late! There’s a good chance they aren’t that successful in school and really don’t like 1st hour! Usually blame it on mom!
Lunch…..kids hang out with the kids they like but on the computer attendance program Johnny’s parents have a restraining order on Jimmy because Jimmy introduced Johnny to pot last week at the skate park and there’s 300 kids at lunch and the teachers on lunch duty need to keep an eye on them! While keeping them from running on the outside tables, off their cell phones, not vaping and the 20 girls who went into the bathroom at the same time from smoking pot! Plus the jackass boys from trying the latest TikTok challenge of busting all the soap dispensers off the wall!

Finally, school is out, parents lined up around the block in the parent pickup zone! Most of those kids come from the “successful “ homes and their parents don’t want them riding the bus because it’s too harsh for them to handle! 
So guess who’s waiting for the last bus to pick them up? Yep, low income kids that live way out, go home to sometimes no running water, no computer or internet to do homework and they usually come to school the next day wearing the same clothes!

Lots wrong out there! Lots of kids coming from broken homes and honestly $hitty living conditions!

And education system needs a serious internal gut check! Education was never intended to replace parenting!

Sorry…….long year!

Bingo! “Parenting”. Serious father deficit in this country!

• Like 3

This was not a popular opinion when I spoke my mind the last time this happened, and I don't expect to be popular this time either. I don't really care, this is how i feel about where we are as a society. This is non applicable to the majority of us on this forum. We have raised our kids to be in the outdoors, hunting, fishing, camping, off-roading, etc. We have been involved in our children's day to day lives. unfortunately, this is not the norm these days. This generation of young adults is not our generation. We were raised with respect. We valued other people. We had both parents in the home. If we didn't, the one parent made up for the others absence. Todays youth is not who we were. They do not share the same values. The majority of us worked through school. We had chores. we didn't have 24/7 access to video games, smart phones, tablets, or the internet. 

My oldest son bought an AR from my friend when he was 18. It stayed in my safe until he was 21, when he bought his own safe. I trusted him with my life, and still do. I never have thought twice about the implications of him owning such a weapon. He was always driven. Always respectful. Always appreciative. He worked from the day he was old enough to. He has never asked anyone to help him, or pay his way. He had respect for other people, regardless if he agreed with them or not. He just graduated from Embry Riddle with a major in Aerospace engineering and a minor in computer science. He is what we all strive for our children to be. I never knew how much he appreciated how much I was there for him until he had to tell the judge when I made it legal and adopted him after he was an adult. 

Switch gears to my own biological son. He was always against the grain. Always fighting with anyone he could get a rise from. His mother played the mental game with him, trying to pit him against me, my wife, and my 3 adopted sons. I always(before my current wife and after) included him in everything I did. Hunting, fishing, fourwheeling, camping, etc. I coached his baseball and football teams. I went out of my way to make sure he was included in everything trying to counter the damage his mother was doing. To make sure he knew he was included and loved. I had custody of him, but she managed to do her best to pit him against anyone I cared about. Unlike my adopted children, I did not, and do not to this day trust him. He is unappreciative, unapologetic, self centered, irresponsible, destructive, and just not a nice person. He has a few hunting rifles that I got him over the years that he will never have access to. He is not an individual that needs access to a firearm. I've seen it in his eyes. Lets muddy the waters a little more. He has been in the Navy for just over 7 years. How do we say a person is not mentally fit to have these types of weapons, but can still serve, or vote? You can't drink, smoke, or gamble until your 21. The lines are very blurred between being a child or an adult these days. 

I agree with the few of us that not everyone should have these types of weapons at the age of 18. A lot of people do not mature enough at the age of 18 to possess a firearm at all. But, its still not fair to the majority of our youth who are responsible. What do we do? I have two perfect examples that grew up under my roof that make the case either way you want to spin the debate. Is rolling semi auto centerfire rifles into the class III category going to do any good? I don't know. Will it stop school shootings? Probably not. Is it worth talking about openly and having a mature conversation, absolutely. The guns are not he problem. The mental state of our society is. If we can't find a solution or attempt to tackle this head on, the left will force it, and they will win.

Let the bashing begin.............

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

Sorry…….long year!

One of my kids is at NAU currently to become a teacher. I told him he is crazy. Why would you want to put yourself through that? He said because not all these kids get a fair deal and I want to help them to succeed. I'm still not sure what's wrong with that kid....

4 hours ago, ctafoya said:

One of my kids is at NAU currently to become a teacher. I told him he is crazy. Why would you want to put yourself through that? He said because not all these kids get a fair deal and I want to help them to succeed. I'm still not sure what's wrong with that kid....

Blessings for your kid! Teaching can be very rewarding! Every person is their own individual not one the exact same!!! 

Giving up your rights wont help or work in the long run. Some say we can give up semi autos? So when the next nut case uses a shotgun loaded with buck shot your going to give up those to? Oh and he had a revolver in his waist so we are taking those to? And when the only thing thats easy to get is your deer rifle your going to give those up now?The tool isn't and shouldn't be the focus or this will repeat its self over and over again moving from tool to tool until your rights are gone.

The next bill HR 117 will make you a felon if your guns are stolen and used in a crime, they want new york/chicago guns laws where you cant get a permit and you need their permission to even buy it. They dont want school security or to focus on the criminal just you. The worst school shooting in the world happened in russia sept. 1 st 2004 and they killed 330 people, in a country where the citizens dont own semi auto rifles or handguns but the terrorist obtained them. The fbi just stopped a terrorist trying to help more of them come through our excellent border security with a plot to harm mr bush. Take the time to study Israels school security they protect their kids instead of leaving them to the wolves. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, 452b264 said:

Giving up your rights wont help or work in the long run. Some say we can give up semi autos? So when the next nut case uses a shotgun loaded with buck shot your going to give up those to? Oh and he had a revolver in his waist so we are taking those to? And when the only thing thats easy to get is your deer rifle your going to give those up now?The tool isn't and shouldn't be the focus or this will repeat its self over and over again moving from tool to tool until your rights are gone.

The next bill HR 117 will make you a felon if your guns are stolen and used in a crime, they want new york/chicago guns laws where you cant get a permit and you need their permission to even buy it. They dont want school security or to focus on the criminal just you. The worst school shooting in the world happened in russia sept. 1 st 2004 and they killed 330 people, in a country where the citizens dont own semi auto rifles or handguns but the terrorist obtained them. The fbi just stopped a terrorist trying to help more of them come through our excellent border security with a plot to harm mr bush. Take the time to study Israels school security they protect their kids instead of leaving them to the wolves. 

I'm curious about the comment regarding the bill that will make you a felon if your firearms are stolen and used in a crime.  Can you elaborate?  Where did you get that info?

11 hours ago, AZBIG10 said:

Just thinking out loud

Well, in this instance the cops gave him 40 minutes to shoot as many people as he wanted to.

He could have shot them with a muzzleloader.

• Like 2