oilcan

Duwane Adams ?

5 hours ago, 10Turkeys said:

I took a classing class from him over a year ago, he came across as nothing but class in the short time I spent with him. His SIL was there, Nicky. That guy is a deer finding machine. Dwayne and I would be just getting out of his truck after swapping a story, and Nicky would already be behind the glass and on deer.

Been on 4 guided hunts in my 66 years . Nothing like Duwane on the Kaibab. It was the best of everything From hunting to food too accomidations and great people. I know there are other good ones out there but He is the best of all. ..........................BOB!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 10Turkeys said:

I took a classing class from him over a year ago, he came across as nothing but class in the short time I spent with him. His SIL was there, Nicky. That guy is a deer finding machine. Dwayne and I would be just getting out of his truck after swapping a story, and Nicky would already be behind the glass and on deer.

Yup. I met him and Nick a few years ago. Super nice. They offered to bring my daughter for a glassing lesson no charge. Also It turns out I knew and graduated with Nick's older brother in high school. They are both good people.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 6:28 PM, stanley said:

I would recommend you still look into his outfit (among others).  His crew will still be making it happen. 

I talked to Nick seems like a pretty good guy. They also had a couple guys retire including Frank Lopez that’s disappointing I really liked Framk.

• Like 1

I don't know Duwane nor have I spoke with him, but his son in law Nick graciously donated some money to my niece's cancer fund without knowing her nor me. We've talked a bit through social media. He seems like a very stand up guy to me, and if I was ever considering a guided hunt, I would at a minimum give Duwane's son in law nick a call ask some questions. 

• Like 1

one of the best guides around... hence why G&F would target him... 

unfortunately he made the list...

Why would a guy at the “top” of his game just retire?   He didn’t.  He got caught.  Any gf violation results in losing you’re guide license. 

• Like 1

On 6/1/2022 at 5:51 PM, PRDATR said:

IIRC he lost his license adn got busted last year for something. Poaching?

So?????? What you got? You shouldn't post something like this and go silent.   I'm waiting. 

The Guy has as much Money as He needs . He retired  at 67 years old . I been Retired since 63 and a half. Some people don't wanna work their whole life. Like mentioned ,I bet he will be in camp once in a while..............................BOB!

• Like 3

So.... My phone took a shite last day to apply for elk. If you texted me since then, no you didn't piss me off. Still haven't gotten around to trying to retrieve all my contacts from my old phone yet. Just burning the candle at both ends right now.  Way busy.

This post was bugging me so had my wife get ahold of a friend on FB to get Nick's number again. Had a brief conversation with him this morning.  Obviously he couldn't tell me all the details but last couple years game and fish had Duwane and his outfit in their cross hairs. They threw some charges at him and in the end the only one they could conceivably make stick was a baiting charge. They all felt they had everything on their side to fight it and Duwane basically said screw it he's done with the BS.  Decided to just "officially" retire.  He already wasn't guiding himself anyway and anyone who knows him and Nick know full well Nick is capable of taking the reins.  Also since Duwane wasn't actually taking clients out himself anymore he thought this was the easiest solution.  Duwane the last few years already wasn't taking people out personally, he was basically their to be in camp and jump in where ever a guide needed an extra pair of eyes.  Since then the guides have been instructed to air on the side of caution and not give anyone any reasons to sling accusations. 

Now I'm gonna offer some food for thought.  All the crap we hear about the big name outfitters here in AZ, and what they are in common knowledge amongst the majority of us to see doing as unethical, shady and downright illegal I can't help but wonder why Duwane and his gang are in the cross hairs.   I honestly found it all confusing.  I know so many first hand stories and even more second hand stories of all the BS that's going on these days with guides. I honestly find it very surprising that the guides that seem to be targeted lately aren't the ones that everyone knows are effin twats. And no Nick didn't say this, it's just me wondering why the outfit that teaches the guys to hunt by scouting and glassing and not rely on cams is the one under the spotlight.  I have a lot more I'd love to say but maybe this is not the post for it.

Anyhoo, if any of you guys were thinking of hiring Duwanes outfit rest assured everyone I met in camp have been seriously solid dudes. I would not hesitate at all to give them a whirl.  And I certainly can vouch for them as far as everything I have personally seen when I was in camp. Out of all the guides out there the Adams camp is one I don't have anything negative to say about.  

• Like 12

16 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

Sad that guides feel compelled to cheat.. Crazy that Duwayne fell into that pile as well... 

I didn't mean to imply they did cheat if that's how it sounded. I seriously doubt they did. But I don't know the details.  I can only judge those guys based on my personal experience. And all was good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CatfishKev said:

So.... My phone took a shite last day to apply for elk. If you texted me since then, no you didn't piss me off. Still haven't gotten around to trying to retrieve all my contacts from my old phone yet. Just burning the candle at both ends right now.  Way busy.

This post was bugging me so had my wife get ahold of a friend on FB to get Nick's number again. Had a brief conversation with him this morning.  Obviously he couldn't tell me all the details but last couple years game and fish had Duwane and his outfit in their cross hairs. They threw some charges at him and in the end the only one they could conceivably make stick was a baiting charge. They all felt they had everything on their side to fight it and Duwane basically said screw it he's done with the BS.  Decided to just "officially" retire.  He already wasn't guiding himself anyway and anyone who knows him and Nick know full well Nick is capable of taking the reins.  Also since Duwane wasn't actually taking clients out himself anymore he thought this was the easiest solution.  Duwane the last few years already wasn't taking people out personally, he was basically their to be in camp and jump in where ever a guide needed an extra pair of eyes.  Since then the guides have been instructed to air on the side of caution and not give anyone any reasons to sling accusations. 

Now I'm gonna offer some food for thought.  All the crap we hear about the big name outfitters here in AZ, and what they are in common knowledge amongst the majority of us to see doing as unethical, shady and downright illegal I can't help but wonder why Duwane and his gang are in the cross hairs.   I honestly found it all confusing.  I know so many first hand stories and even more second hand stories of all the BS that's going on these days with guides. I honestly find it very surprising that the guides that seem to be targeted lately aren't the ones that everyone knows are effin twats. And no Nick didn't say this, it's just me wondering why the outfit that teaches the guys to hunt by scouting and glassing and not rely on cams is the one under the spotlight.  I have a lot more I'd love to say but maybe this is not the post for it.

Anyhoo, if any of you guys were thinking of hiring Duwanes outfit rest assured everyone I met in camp have been seriously solid dudes. I would not hesitate at all to give them a whirl.  And I certainly can vouch for them as far as everything I have personally seen when I was in camp. Out of all the guides out there the Adams camp is one I don't have anything negative to say about.  

Just cause the effin twats haven’t been caught doesn’t mean they aren’t being looked at you.  There’s no way gf isn’t looking at them.  

if you ain’t cheating you ain’t trying. And even if he teaches someone to glass doesn’t mean he didn’t put out bait (your words) in an area he tells people to glass.  

he is dirty and even if his guides didn’t know about it he send them to areas where he was baiting. 

this guy you all think he is ain’t what you think he is.    Which is most guides 

5 minutes ago, Northern Pintail said:

Just cause the effin twats haven’t been caught doesn’t mean they aren’t being looked at you.  There’s no way gf isn’t looking at them.  

if you ain’t cheating you ain’t trying. And even if he teaches someone to glass doesn’t mean he didn’t put out bait (your words) in an area he tells people to glass.  

he is dirty and even if his guides didn’t know about it he send them to areas where he was baiting. 

this guy you all think he is ain’t what you think he is.    Which is most guides 

So do you have info of him baiting spots that he sends his guides to? because that's not at all what I got from the accusations it sounds like that's what you're implying? 

I also took his glassing class and we glassed deer on dang near every ridge. seems like that would have been a lot of work for a senior citizen to make sure there's bait out there so that I can see some deer on a $300 glassing class.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

So do you have info of him baiting spots that he sends his guides to? because that's not at all what I got from the accusations it sounds like that's what you're implying? 

I also took his glassing class and we glassed deer on dang near every ridge. seems like that would have been a lot of work for a senior citizen to make sure there's bait out there so that I can see some deer on a $300 glassing class.

I’m just thinking out loud here but what if one of his guides without his knowledge was baiting and got caught. Since he was working for The outfitter would Duwane take the hit for that ?