oilcan

Duwane Adams ?

1 minute ago, oilcan said:

I’m just thinking out loud here but what if one of his guides without his knowledge was baiting and got caught. Since he was working for The outfitter would Duwane take the hit for that ?

That was kind of my thought but I don't know.  I don't remember À3 being on the hook for the Stuff Jed did.  But I can tell you I just don't see Duwane out there at 1am rolling around corn barrels in the cover of darkness.  

Honesty Kevin, if Azgf is watching you, there is a reason.  Im not saying 100% of the the time, but probably 95%.  Where there's smoke, there is usually fire.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CatfishKev said:

So do you have info of him baiting spots that he sends his guides to? because that's not at all what I got from the accusations it sounds like that's what you're implying? 

I also took his glassing class and we glassed deer on dang near every ridge. seems like that would have been a lot of work for a senior citizen to make sure there's bait out there so that I can see some deer on a $300 glassing class.

I don’t have any inside info, just was spit balling off the info you gave us.  

Given the times and all the bs going on maybe just ban outfitters. Seems no one can keep up with the shenanigans that come with them, including AZGFD. Regardless if we keep going this way we will be paying the king to hunt his game. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

Honesty Kevin, if Azgf is watching you, there is a reason.  Im not saying 100% of the the time, but probably 95%.  Where there's smoke, there is usually fire.  

I agree, there usually is a reason. May not be what one would assume though. 

@dentedr I honestly don't disagree at all. It's so competitive and cuthroat now.  Guys getting in blinds at 3am to beat the rush and the guys that get there late won't leave. Then you got 3 blinds on the same waterhole jockeying for first shot which ultimately will just end up with bad shots and wounded animals.  I don't think it will be long before these altercations will escalate into full on brawls with someone getting seriously hurt or even killed. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

So.... My phone took a shite last day to apply for elk. If you texted me since then, no you didn't piss me off. Still haven't gotten around to trying to retrieve all my contacts from my old phone yet. Just burning the candle at both ends right now.  Way busy.

This post was bugging me so had my wife get ahold of a friend on FB to get Nick's number again. Had a brief conversation with him this morning.  Obviously he couldn't tell me all the details but last couple years game and fish had Duwane and his outfit in their cross hairs. They threw some charges at him and in the end the only one they could conceivably make stick was a baiting charge. They all felt they had everything on their side to fight it and Duwane basically said screw it he's done with the BS.  Decided to just "officially" retire.  He already wasn't guiding himself anyway and anyone who knows him and Nick know full well Nick is capable of taking the reins.  Also since Duwane wasn't actually taking clients out himself anymore he thought this was the easiest solution.  Duwane the last few years already wasn't taking people out personally, he was basically their to be in camp and jump in where ever a guide needed an extra pair of eyes.  Since then the guides have been instructed to air on the side of caution and not give anyone any reasons to sling accusations. 

Now I'm gonna offer some food for thought.  All the crap we hear about the big name outfitters here in AZ, and what they are in common knowledge amongst the majority of us to see doing as unethical, shady and downright illegal I can't help but wonder why Duwane and his gang are in the cross hairs.   I honestly found it all confusing.  I know so many first hand stories and even more second hand stories of all the BS that's going on these days with guides. I honestly find it very surprising that the guides that seem to be targeted lately aren't the ones that everyone knows are effin twats. And no Nick didn't say this, it's just me wondering why the outfit that teaches the guys to hunt by scouting and glassing and not rely on cams is the one under the spotlight.  I have a lot more I'd love to say but maybe this is not the post for it.

Anyhoo, if any of you guys were thinking of hiring Duwanes outfit rest assured everyone I met in camp have been seriously solid dudes. I would not hesitate at all to give them a whirl.  And I certainly can vouch for them as far as everything I have personally seen when I was in camp. Out of all the guides out there the Adams camp is one I don't have anything negative to say about.  

If the AZGFD can conceivably make a baiting charge stick Duwane retiring from guiding won't help his cause.  Baiting is a license revocable offense and that would defeat his reason for retiring since he wants to enjoy hunting with his grandchildren and children.

On 6/4/2022 at 9:33 PM, dentedr said:

Given the times and all the bs going on maybe just ban outfitters. Seems no one can keep up with the shenanigans that come with them, including AZGFD. Regardless if we keep going this way we will be paying the king to hunt his game. 

I agree with you on that.  All trouble makers 

You guys are brutal. Cut the man some slack. Innocent until proven guilty. Not all guides are cheats just because they are guides or because they are successful. Unless someone has some first hand knowledge, let the man deal with his own personal business and the results will be made public if there are serious items. I have only heard and seen good things from him, but nobody is perfect.

• Like 11

last couple of guides who got revoked ended up guiding more after the revocation than they did before. between Mexico and Indian reservations across the west they ended up making more money than before.

21 hours ago, 520HUNT said:

last couple of guides who got revoked ended up guiding more after the revocation than they did before. between Mexico and Indian reservations across the west they ended up making more money than before.

Who?

On 6/6/2022 at 2:07 PM, Sneaker said:

You guys are brutal. Cut the man some slack. Innocent until proven guilty. Not all guides are cheats just because they are guides or because they are successful. Unless someone has some first hand knowledge, let the man deal with his own personal business and the results will be made public if there are serious items. I have only heard and seen good things from him, but nobody is perfect.

He’s been proven guilty.  

6 hours ago, Northern Pintail said:

He’s been proven guilty.  

where,when?................................BOB!

8 hours ago, Northern Pintail said:

He’s been proven guilty.  

confused-no.gif

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Northern Pintail said:

He’s been proven guilty.  

Any proof?  

If in he has been, can we be brutal again?  I don't want to offend if we can't.

On 6/1/2022 at 6:11 PM, 5guyshunting said:

PRDATER shits on a lot of threads, mostly classifieds.

No joke man! This guy has nothing better to do with his life or lack there of besides crap on everyone else.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1