oilcan

Duwane Adams ?

If he was charged with something, wouldn't it show up on public access? I know different people in my area who got in trouble with game and fish for off roading, poaching, shooting from vehicles etc... and it all shows on their records.

3 hours ago, Yuma Outdoorsman said:

If he was charged with something, wouldn't it show up on public access? I know different people in my area who got in trouble with game and fish for off roading, poaching, shooting from vehicles etc... and it all shows on their records.

It was stated he took a plea deal.  Which could mean deferred prosecution.  I don’t believe that shows up unless you violate the agreement. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yuma Outdoorsman said:

Is his legal name duwane?   Could be another reason you couldn’t find him. I don’t know. 

18 minutes ago, Northern Pintail said:

Is his legal name duwane?   Could be another reason you couldn’t find him. I don’t know. 

Or, maybe he didn’t do anything wrong.

• Like 1

I have no skin in the game or beef against Duwane but where there is smoke there is fire. He could be the MOST law abiding outfitter in AZ but i would guess every outfitter in AZ violates a law from time to time. Not sure why so many people on here are fangirls. He probably had to bait because he couldn’t walk with so many people hangin on his nutsack (TH). When any allegations come up against  other outfitters in AZ we hang them before the trial. Why the special treatment? 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Northern Pintail said:

It was stated he took a plea deal.  Which could mean deferred prosecution.  I don’t believe that shows up unless you violate the agreement. 

I didn't say he took a plea deal. Only that that he said it wasn't worth the hassle to fight it. I also said they felt confident they could fight it, and I think the guides probably wanted him to.  But Duwane was the one that said screw it. I don't know if that meant that he took a plea deal, or if that is what they did, or are going to charge him with. And like I said he couldn't talk too freely on the subject.

Nothing's changed in my mind. I'd hire these guys if I was looking for a guide. 

Here's an example of how this could go down because it happened to me. I had a cam on a drinker. Someone else had put corn out out at the same spot as it is a well known spot with fairly heavy traffic.  A forest service guy saw me checking my camera and assumed I put the corn there. Well, at this time baiting was still legal it was like 10 years ago. I told him baiting was legal, So he was all we can call game and fish right now, full on know it all attitude and everything.  Well of course I was right and little Ricky got to put his foot in his mouth.  Point being, I could have been charged if baiting was illegal but did nothing wrong. I could not prove i didn't put it there though because it was out of sight of my cam.  Best pics I got off that cam was a couple asscheeks mooning my camera.  

Just because Duwane decided he doesn't wanna fight it doesn't mean he is guilty. But playing devil's advocate here, it doesn't mean he's innocent either. So I will take my opinion based on my experience with him and his guys based on what I experienced in camp and support them.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

I didn't say he took a plea deal. Only that that he said it wasn't worth the hassle to fight it. I also said they felt confident they could fight it, and I think the guides probably wanted him to.  But Duwane was the one that said screw it. I don't know if that meant that he took a plea deal, or if that is what they did, or are going to charge him with. And like I said he couldn't talk too freely on the subject.

Here's an example of how this could go down because it happened to me. I had a cam on a drinker. Someone else had put corn out out at the same spot as it is a well known spot with fairly heavy traffic.  A forest service guy saw me checking my camera and assumed I put the corn there. Well, at this time baiting was still legal it was like 10 years ago. I told him baiting was legal, So he was all we can call game and fish right now, full on know it all attitude and everything.  Well of course I was right and little Ricky got to put his foot in his mouth.  Point being, I could have been charged if baiting was illegal but did nothing wrong. I could not prove i didn't put it there though because it was out of sight of my cam.  Best pics I got off that cam was a couple asscheeks mooning my camera.  

Just because Duwane decided he doesn't wanna fight it doesn't mean he is guilty. But playing devil's advocate here, it doesn't mean he's innocent either. So I will take my opinion based on my experience with him and his guys based on what I experienced in camp and support them.

Well you have how the law works backwards.  You wouldn’t have had to prove you didn’t put it there. The state would have had to prove you put it there.  Just like they did with the bait duwane put out.   They were able to prove it.  When someone knows the state can prove it they don’t fight it.  He got caught and all you thinking he is the greatest have been fooled. 

14 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Wow. 

53 minutes ago, Northern Pintail said:

Well you have how the law works backwards.  You wouldn’t have had to prove you didn’t put it there. The state would have had to prove you put it there.  Just like they did with the bait duwane put out.   They were able to prove it.  When someone knows the state can prove it they don’t fight it.  He got caught and all you thinking he is the greatest have been fooled. 

too many people from this thread were swinging from his nuts. That’s why he had to retire. 

• Like 1

I met duwane many years ago and he was a stand up guy, my opinion is that there is so much competition between outfitters and so much money that I’m not surprised that they cheat and try to find their clients the best opportunity.

• Like 1

Still a Great Human Being. If it's true. I bet all outfitters have baited. Heard lotsa stories over the years! Big deal. Well known Guides on the Strip have cheated too! OH well. Life goes on. I would still use Him!.......................BOB!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, naturebob said:

Still a Great Human Being. If it's true. I bet all outfitters have baited. Heard lotsa stories over the years! Big deal. Well known Guides on the Strip have cheated too! OH well. Life goes on. I would still use Him!.......................BOB!

Why would you need a guide you’re a better hunter than 95% of the guys on here 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 6/4/2022 at 7:31 PM, Northern Pintail said:

Just cause the effin twats haven’t been caught doesn’t mean they aren’t being looked at you.  There’s no way gf isn’t looking at them.  

if you ain’t cheating you ain’t trying. And even if he teaches someone to glass doesn’t mean he didn’t put out bait (your words) in an area he tells people to glass.  

he is dirty and even if his guides didn’t know about it he send them to areas where he was baiting. 

this guy you all think he is ain’t what you think he is.    Which is most guides 

You can always find the fool speaking from ignorance, on the sidelines…….  We have a winner

• Like 2

Duwane is a stand up guy, from my interactions.   Very generous, and the salt of the earth.  It’s a shame that us grown men, gather on the internet now to gossip like 14 year old girls, about someone, or something that most of us know nothing about.    Most of the negativity is simply hot air that’s thrown out there because guys are jealous that outfitters and guides kick their butt in the field most of the time.   It’s petty

• Like 3
  • Haha 1