GSPjimmy

Wanted- 6x12 flatbed trailer

In search of a 6x12 flatbed trailer to haul a SxS. Let me know if you have one or know someone looking to get rid of one. Thanks

Good luck, I looked for a used 1 for 2 weeks before buying a new one at Big Tex, $3,300 bare bones.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, 257Weatherby said:

Good luck, I looked for a used 1 for 2 weeks before buying a new one at Big Tex, $3,300 bare bones.

Ouch! They were 1500$ three years ago 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was in the same exact boat in November and got lucky And found a solid Carson for $800…. I’ve been looking just out of curiosity since then and o don’t think I’ve seen one under 2k since

Neighbor (1/4 mile away) has one by the road for sale. Looks pretty good.

Needs a new floor and asking $3300 obo (I would hit them at $2500 or less if I were you)

I've done plenty of floors and they are easy but with lumber prices would be $400 with screws + your labor.

Has ramp gate. Maybe 7" wide 12-14' long Dual axle

Tongue goes under frame (not welded to the face. 

If you want I can go take some pics and send to you.

2Mi N of Carefree highway E of I17

DM your cell if you want pics and I will run down there when I can later today and snap some.

• Like 1

I have this one for sale right now on CL.  It's the dimensions you're looking for but would take some fab work to build a new gate to fit a SxS.  The equipment mounting pieces could be removed.  It's a very solid heavy duty little trailer.  Steel floor so you'll never have to deal with a wood floor.  In the process now of replacing wood on another 6x12 and HorseHunter's spot on with that cost.  This trailer has hardly any miles.  Just sat in our yard mostly.  Will need tires.  Asking $2500 on CL, but I'm open to discuss a decent discounted offer for it if you're interested, knowing it will cost you some $ to make it how you'd like it. 

3.jpg.8169612cb32c6601399f3b13435fc6b3.jpg4.jpg.c06e9726d59645d7fbbd902f399878f6.jpgInked2_LI.jpg.339471f66fb307240b070d0d0598a5e6.jpg

• Like 1

I have one a RzR would fit on. My Ranger barely fits width wise. it needs a floor but I don't want an arm and a leg for it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HorseHunter said:

Neighbor (1/4 mile away) has one by the road for sale. Looks pretty good.

Needs a new floor and asking $3300 obo (I would hit them at $2500 or less if I were you)

I've done plenty of floors and they are easy but with lumber prices would be $400 with screws + your labor.

Has ramp gate. Maybe 7" wide 12-14' long Dual axle

Tongue goes under frame (not welded to the face. 

If you want I can go take some pics and send to you.

2Mi N of Carefree highway E of I17

DM your cell if you want pics and I will run down there when I can later today and snap some.

When folks price the proper wood to metal screws for that floor they're going to think they're getting screwed. 

A buddy rebuild one, used self tapping screws in the floor like you'd use in metal fabrication. Within weeks the screws were breaking.

1 hour ago, Edge said:

When folks price the proper wood to metal screws for that floor they're going to think they're getting screwed. 

A buddy rebuild one, used self tapping screws in the floor like you'd use in metal fabrication. Within weeks the screws were breaking.

I get it. I use doug-fir and paint it with anything I have on hand. For screws I use a #12 (or #14) 2-3/4 Phillips flathead self tapping wood to metal screw.

My first two horse I refloored in '94 I used carriage through bolts and that was a major PIA , I found that the juice was not worth the squeeze as they say.

When I was selling lumber, I learned that the pressure treated lumber (cca green treated) was made from hemlock and fir (hem/fir) or SPF (Spruce/Pine/Fir) and had less of a structural rating than good 'ol Doug-Fir (framing lumber) Also comes in several grades I stuck with #2 or better (2btr). If I guy was super picky they could pick out #1 boards or be over the top and grab the "select structural" (select/struc) that they used for trusses on the top and bottom cords.

Actually knew a guy that refloored a track hoe trailer with 8/4 (2") x8" x 20' Purple Heart hardwood. As you can imagine that was a spendy proposition. 

He worked for a utility so was not "his" money.  He was hoping not to replace the boards every other year. He was kind enough to give me a couple of the cut-offs.

Also, maybe your buddy got a hold of some grade 8 type screws, they tend to snap instead of bending as you likely know. Although I have not seen wood to metal screws with a hardness rating. 

My use has been horse trailers, hay haulers, utility, car trailer, etc with out an issue. (Knock on wood).