Coueser

PointGuard Plus - Priority positioning?

Happened to be on AZGFD website today and clicked on the link "Taking the Confusion out of choosing a PointGuard Product".  Can anybody provide clarification on the statement below? 

• Those who purchase PointGuard Plus will receive priority positioning for the reissuing of hunt permit-tags that are surrendered by PointGuard members and non-members alike.

I think it means that if you are 3rd in line for a returned tag(not sure how you would even know this) and the 2 people in front of you did NOT purchase PointGuard Plus, you would jump over them in the event a tag was returned for that hunt.  As an example.

• Like 3

Yeah this is how I read it too. And LoL at the “taking the confusion out…” that list by AZGFD was still confusing. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bigorange said:

Yeah this is how I read it too. And LoL at the “taking the confusion out…” that list by AZGFD was still confusing. 

“taking the confusion out…”........interpreted to say:  SEND  MO MONEY!

• Like 3

I say just draw the Danm Tag ................BOB!

• Like 1

The dept has no interest in making anything clear, easy or even logical.  They are in the business to make money and make more money year over year.  Hence these wild schemes to create "new hunts", "new points" systems etc....

It will only get worse over the years and be a money making machine.  Always follow the money trail when the dept does something that looks like it has benefit to us, it doesnt.

• Like 8

Feels wrong to me to go this route.  First example I can think of where G&F is essentially giving a draw benefit to those who pay more.  I know money is tight and they need it but I would rather see them raise permit fees instead of gimmicky things like this.  It feels like things are trending toward someday essentially buying bonus points if you can afford it.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, n2horns said:

The dept has no interest in making anything clear, easy or even logical.  They are in the business to make money and make more money year over year.  Hence these wild schemes to create "new hunts", "new points" systems etc....

It will only get worse over the years and be a money making machine.  Always follow the money trail when the dept does something that looks like it has benefit to us, it doesnt.

I don’t get why everyone has such a hard on against the game and fish making money.  They’re the only state agency that has to self fund, so if they make more money, they can put it back into the resource we all love and cherish and then use the money they generate from that resource to make even more resource.   I just wish they’d take their customer support to the next level.  The NV game and fish isn’t ashamed to admit that they have a product and we are the consumer of it.  They treat the applicant like a customer instead of someone that’s in the way of them getting to their lunch hour.  We need more of that.  More pride in what they are “selling” = a better business which = a better product.  I spend a lot of money across different state agencies each year and don’t consider a penny of it  ill spent as it goes to the second most important thing in my life after family.  

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

I don’t get why everyone has such a hard on against the game and fish making money.  They’re the only state agency that has to self fund, so if they make more money, they can put it back into the resource we all love and cherish and then use the money they generate from that resource to make even more resource.   I just wish they’d take their customer support to the next level.  The NV game and fish isn’t ashamed to admit that they have a product and we are the consumer of it.  They treat the applicant like a customer instead of someone that’s in the way of them getting to their lunch hour.  We need more of that.  More pride in what they are “selling” = a better business which = a better product.  I spend a lot of money across different state agencies each year and don’t consider a penny of it  ill spent as it goes to the second most important thing in my life after family.  

I think you answered your own question. Most hunters have a “hard on” for game and fish raising more money for multiple reasons, one of which you stated. Their customer service sucks. When you call down there they always make you feel like you are burdening them. Invest in that, drain the swamp if that’s what it takes. Get some fresh blood in there that is more customer service oriented, friendlier, more knowledgeable. I think most agree that the portal and online draw process is a dumpster fire. They invest none of this money to fix it, if they are investing in it, they need to be getting a better return for their money! They seem to be stubborn and think that our input is s#it and we don’t know what we are talking about. Kinda like the government they have a “we know what’s good for you and you’ll like it” attitude. Stop allocating so much funds into vehicles. You don’t need a new set of tires on the whole fleet every year! There are vehicles that put maybe 15k miles on a set, they don’t need to be replaced. I know they do this because I used to buy them at Desert Rat and flip them or grab a set for my truck every once in a while. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, codyhuntsaz said:

I think you answered your own question. Most hunters have a “hard on” for game and fish raising more money for multiple reasons, one of which you stated. Their customer service sucks. When you call down there they always make you feel like you are burdening them. Invest in that, drain the swamp if that’s what it takes. Get some fresh blood in there that is more customer service oriented, friendlier, more knowledgeable. I think most agree that the portal and online draw process is a dumpster fire. They invest none of this money to fix it, if they are investing in it, they need to be getting a better return for their money! They seem to be stubborn and think that our input is s#it and we don’t know what we are talking about. Kinda like the government they have a “we know what’s good for you and you’ll like it” attitude. Stop allocating so much funds into vehicles. You don’t need a new set of tires on the whole fleet every year! There are vehicles that put maybe 15k miles on a set, they don’t need to be replaced. I know they do this because I used to buy them at Desert Rat and flip them or grab a set for my truck every once in a while. 

While I’ll agree with you on the first part, the “new trucks” and “new tires” thing doesn’t hold water with me.  As a business owner, the cost of trucks and tires is truly pennys compared to what it costs to run literally anything.  People get hung up on the new trucks thing because they can associate with it and understand it.  If you think that is even a drop in the bucket compared to the money that’s spent on facility maintenance and more importantly HR, you’re mistaken.  Trading vehicles annually or biannually is a good way to maintain the equity in them, but more importantly to keep from having issues on the side of the road which cost your business (in this case, the taxpayer) boatloads more.  You and I might be able to change the oil or change a tire or troubleshoot a problem but the average person (G&F Worker or not) can’t do that and they are working in remote areas.  One lawsuit because a flat tire left some idiot state employee on the side of a trail and they hurt themselves costs more then all the vehicles they’ll ever own.  I trade my pickups at 95k every other year.  It costs me $0.25 a mile to own them and it’s by far the cheapest thing I’ve found to keep myself going down the road and showing up where I need to be when I need to be there.  You might be able to run a high mileage truck and squeak by for a an extra 75k or soemtbjjgn but the law of averages will catch up to you and you’ll be dropping a $10k engine or transmission in one and then your back to a lot higher per mile price. When you look at that on a large scale the law of averages always wins.  That’s why big companies (and govt) trade frequently and I’m dang glad they do. 

My problem isn't with game and fish trying to make more money. My problem is someone getting a tag based on the fact they paid extra money. I simply don't buy point guard because I know I'll make sure to use the tag I get. Now my chances of obtaining a tag is decreased if I don't pay more money

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The irony is they don’t want to raise tag fees because then everyone won’t be able to afford to hunt. But now they are forcing everyone’s hand here because these days no one is drawing tags.