Coueser

PointGuard Plus - Priority positioning?

I  don’t care to see the #send water to the general public when they are sitting on a mountain of cash and all of the tanks are bone dry.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

If I understand it correctly G&F is making less money on me. Deer, Elk, Sheep, Pronghorn, Turkey Pointguard $50. Pointguard Plus $25 covers them all. 

Maybe that’s now how it works but it’s how I understand it. This draw I paid $25 on my deer app and I now have Pointguard on all my apps for this cycle. 

I’m no math expert but that doesn’t come across as a money grab. The details of how it works do seem poorly communicated though. 

• Like 3

Point guard was already being used to cheat the system .By not making all the people on the app turn in the tags .Making the odds of people paying to put in with high point holders a new way to do things only to have the high holder to back out and try and sell there high point total to the next group that wants to pay.Now with the plus it screws the guy that might have a sh*t ton of points and a lot of time invested getting screwed by the guy that might not have near the points but has the $$$ to pay the extra for the plus.Most of the high point holders are of the older age just baised on the time it takes to reach the level of being close to drawing some tags.I would bet a lot would be fixed income and probably be pissed with the thought of loosing a tag to someone with nowhere near the points just because they paid more

14 minutes ago, Crazymonkey said:

Point guard was already being used to cheat the system .By not making all the people on the app turn in the tags .Making the odds of people paying to put in with high point holders a new way to do things only to have the high holder to back out and try and sell there high point total to the next group that wants to pay.Now with the plus it screws the guy that might have a sh*t ton of points and a lot of time invested getting screwed by the guy that might not have near the points but has the $$$ to pay the extra for the plus.Most of the high point holders are of the older age just baised on the time it takes to reach the level of being close to drawing some tags.I would bet a lot would be fixed income and probably be pissed with the thought of loosing a tag to someone with nowhere near the points just because they paid more

If someone has a ton of points they’ll draw in the bonus pass and then they’ll pick the alternate from the bonus pass so they also will have a ton of points.  Also, as Noworries pointed out it’s cheaper to do pointguard plus so there goes the “big money” argument.  

1 hour ago, yotebuster said:

While I’ll agree with you on the first part, the “new trucks” and “new tires” thing doesn’t hold water with me.  As a business owner, the cost of trucks and tires is truly pennys compared to what it costs to run literally anything.  People get hung up on the new trucks thing because they can associate with it and understand it.  If you think that is even a drop in the bucket compared to the money that’s spent on facility maintenance and more importantly HR, you’re mistaken.  Trading vehicles annually or biannually is a good way to maintain the equity in them, but more importantly to keep from having issues on the side of the road which cost your business (in this case, the taxpayer) boatloads more.  You and I might be able to change the oil or change a tire or troubleshoot a problem but the average person (G&F Worker or not) can’t do that and they are working in remote areas.  One lawsuit because a flat tire left some idiot state employee on the side of a trail and they hurt themselves costs more then all the vehicles they’ll ever own.  I trade my pickups at 95k every other year.  It costs me $0.25 a mile to own them and it’s by far the cheapest thing I’ve found to keep myself going down the road and showing up where I need to be when I need to be there.  You might be able to run a high mileage truck and squeak by for a an extra 75k or soemtbjjgn but the law of averages will catch up to you and you’ll be dropping a $10k engine or transmission in one and then your back to a lot higher per mile price. When you look at that on a large scale the law of averages always wins.  That’s why big companies (and govt) trade frequently and I’m dang glad they do. 

aint nobody reading all that. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

If someone has a ton of points they’ll draw in the bonus pass and then they’ll pick the alternate from the bonus pass so they also will have a ton of points.  Also, as Noworries pointed out it’s cheaper to do pointguard plus so there goes the “big money” argument.  

PG+ makes a lot of sense financially but the part that irks hunters is circumventing the people in the que for a tag. I'll use it solely based on the cost savings and think that whether one uses PG or PG+ each applicant should have the same opportunity for next in line tags.

Is the information available for how many tags have been returned in past years per hunt? Is it 5? 50?

dang, I spent the last hour on the shitter reading this, and bottom line is that we all agree it is beer 30 and time to have a few!  Plus a visit to support your local struggling college student at the titty bar.  That right there is reinvesting into your community, better hooters, happy customers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Noworries said:

If I understand it correctly G&F is making less money on me. Deer, Elk, Sheep, Pronghorn, Turkey Pointguard $50. Pointguard Plus $25 covers them all. 

Maybe that’s now how it works but it’s how I understand it. This draw I paid $25 on my deer app and I now have Pointguard on all my apps for this cycle. 

I’m no math expert but that doesn’t come across as a money grab. The details of how it works do seem poorly communicated though. 

This is the way I thought about it too…assuming I’d buy Pointguard for everything (which I wouldn’t) but I’m not losing any sleep over the $25. 

5 hours ago, yotebuster said:

I don’t get why everyone has such a hard on against the game and fish making money.  They’re the only state agency that has to self fund, so if they make more money, they can put it back into the resource we all love and cherish and then use the money they generate from that resource to make even more resource.   I just wish they’d take their customer support to the next level.  The NV game and fish isn’t ashamed to admit that they have a product and we are the consumer of it.  They treat the applicant like a customer instead of someone that’s in the way of them getting to their lunch hour.  We need more of that.  More pride in what they are “selling” = a better business which = a better product.  I spend a lot of money across different state agencies each year and don’t consider a penny of it  ill spent as it goes to the second most important thing in my life after family.  

Sacrificing fairness for money is a hard pill to swallow at least for me and I am in sales. 

• Like 1

I hadn’t really thought about this before and looking at it I don’t see it spelled out. It says priority is given for turned in tags, but no mention of bonus points. Does that mean priority if you have the same number of points (ie tied for next in line for the tag) or priority over all other non-Pointguard plus folks? I’d hope it’s only with the same number of points. Maybe I’m missing something here. 

17 minutes ago, bigorange said:

I hadn’t really thought about this before and looking at it I don’t see it spelled out. It says priority is given for turned in tags, but no mention of bonus points. Does that mean priority if you have the same number of points (ie tied for next in line for the tag) or priority over all other non-Pointguard plus folks? I’d hope it’s only with the same number of points. Maybe I’m missing something here. 

Points have never been taken into account on turn back tags. If there are 50 tags avail and you were number 51 and someone turns a tag back in, in the past they call and offer it to you, regardless of how many points you have. NOW if guy 51 has standard point guard, but guy 52 has point guard plus, he jumps you in line and is offered the tag before guy 51. 

So do they go through all the applicants in line with point guard plus before going back up to #51?  In the example above?

This makes sense. I guess I always thought the “next in line” was next in points. Agree with sundevil’s question too. 

1 minute ago, SunDevil said:

So do they go through all the applicants in line with point guard plus before going back up to #51?  In the example above?

Yes 

• Like 1