Coueser

PointGuard Plus - Priority positioning?

So basically from here on out if you don't buy PG+ you will have a snowballs chance in hades of getting the call for a returned tag if you are #51. But if you want to roll the dice on the slim chance of being in the pool of those with PG+ and falling in the say lower 5% of that bunch then you just might get the call "if" you fork over another $25.

Every year we hear of a few people who get the next in line tag but those odds are so miniscule they almost immesurable. Veritable needle in a haystack.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

So basically from here on out if you don't buy PG+ you will have a snowballs chance in hades of getting the call for a returned tag if you are #51. But if you want to roll the dice on the slim chance of being in the pool of those with PG+ and falling in the say lower 5% of that bunch then you just might get the call "if" you fork over another $25.

Every year we hear of a few people who get the next in line tag but those odds are so miniscule they almost immesurable. Veritable needle in a haystack.

Correct 

It’s not another $25. It’s another $15 bit it covers you for all species fir 3 draw cycles (1.5 years)

It's a money grab. And probably data driven. The average person probably doesn't buy point guard for more than elk or sheep.

Point guard was likely purchased selectively by serious guys with lots of bonus points for maybe 2 or 3 species tops. (Elk, sheep, etc)

They're getting more money from you now and selling it like a deal. Nobody cares about point guard for Javelina.

The biggest deal is the priority positioning and that is wrong. They have no longer made something random and it's now about money that has nothing to do with the price of the tag.  It sends the wrong message. And they did an awful job explaining it.

• Like 5

I am guessing lots of applicants use point guard for sheep, antelope, elk, deer, Buffalo and Gould’s

19 hours ago, idgaf said:

Sacrificing fairness for money is a hard pill to swallow at least for me and I am in sales. 

Well they do it every year in pretty much every western state in the name of preference and bonus points.  The other good thing is point guard plus is cheaper so it’s not “for the money”.  

11 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

Well they do it every year in pretty much every western state in the name of preference and bonus points.  The other good thing is point guard plus is cheaper so it’s not “for the money”.  

It still leaves a bad taste. 15 x 50,000 = 750 000.  Sure they are not doing it for the money. 

7 minutes ago, idgaf said:

It still leaves a bad taste. 15 x 50,000 = 750 000.  Sure they are not doing it for the money. 

You think 50k hunters are buying it? I guess I never thought about it. 

On 6/7/2022 at 4:09 PM, NOTAGS said:

“taking the confusion out…”........interpreted to say:  SEND  MO MONEY!

Exactly. Anything to get more money

27 minutes ago, codyhuntsaz said:

You think 50k hunters are buying it? I guess I never thought about it. 

Roughly, 300,000 hunting licenses sold. Assuming 15% are hard-core and want an advantage, just for arguments sake. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yotebuster said:

Other states don’t charge to surrender a tag and they let you keep your points.

I will first say that I do buy point guard for a couple species.

I still cant figure out how they sell us something that cant be used if you dont draw a tag. If you dont draw a tag you cant protect your points against anything. I had a guy tell me the other day that its like car insurance, you have it just incase you need it. My argument to him was, nobody is buying car insurance without owning a car. I think point guard should be refunded if you dont draw a tag.

Im all for the dept making money. They should raise the price of tags.

• Like 6

23 hours ago, Crazymonkey said:

Point guard was already being used to cheat the system .By not making all the people on the app turn in the tags .Making the odds of people paying to put in with high point holders a new way to do things only to have the high holder to back out and try and sell there high point total to the next group that wants to pay.Now with the plus it screws the guy that might have a sh*t ton of points and a lot of time invested getting screwed by the guy that might not have near the points but has the $$$ to pay the extra for the plus.Most of the high point holders are of the older age just baised on the time it takes to reach the level of being close to drawing some tags.I would bet a lot would be fixed income and probably be pissed with the thought of loosing a tag to someone with nowhere near the points just because they paid more

Like I said the next guy in line with with the points  that should get the tag gets bent over by the guy that paid more for the point guard plus and he didn't even get a 💋 or some lube.