Coueser

PointGuard Plus - Priority positioning?

17 minutes ago, Crazymonkey said:

Like I said the next guy in line with with the points  that should get the tag gets bent over by the guy that paid more for the point guard plus and he didn't even get a 💋 or some lube.

Chris I don't believe it works that way. Once the tags are assigned during the draw that's the order so if there are 50 tags drawn and 60 applicants applicant 51 could have had no points or 20. It just depends on a random selection by the computer to assign a number on 1 to 60 for each of the 60 applications. But lets say applicant 51 had 10 BP's and applicant 60 had none but purchased PG+, then if one of the 50 tag holders turns the tag back in it goes to applicant 60 if they were the only one who purchased PG+.

How many BP's a person had doesn't matter, never did, when a tag is turned back in. The next person in line got the call but now they get skipped over in favor of the next person in line who purchased BPG+ and the whole list of those with PG+ will be gone through before the person who was drawn next in line during the draw.

52 minutes ago, bonecollector said:

I will first say that I do buy point guard for a couple species.

I still cant figure out how they sell us something that cant be used if you dont draw a tag. If you dont draw a tag you cant protect your points against anything. I had a guy tell me the other day that its like car insurance, you have it just incase you need it. My argument to him was, nobody is buying car insurance without owning a car. I think point guard should be refunded if you dont draw a tag.

Im all for the dept making money. They should raise the price of tags.

have a check box if you do draw a tag they could immediately charge for the point guard. It’s not difficult. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

have a check box if you do draw a tag they could immediately charge for the point guard. It’s not difficult. 

They will never give up the revenue in favor of that. 

26 minutes ago, codyhuntsaz said:

They will never give up the revenue in favor of that. 

Is there a consumer law that prohibits this act?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

Is there a consumer law that prohibits this act?

I thought that was always their argument as to why the couldn’t charge up front for tag fees? Didn’t they say they couldn’t charge when no services were rendered at the time? 

• Like 1

It is a bit off putting the last few years with all of these shenanigans to get more money. But we hunters aren’t getting anything but taken.

• Like 1

Everyone is all worried about the “rich guy” (apparently having $5 more of discretionary income makes you rich) getting to step ahead of the poor you (the guy with $5 less) in the tiny tiny tiny chance that a returned tag goes to guy number 3 in line (rich guy) instead of guy #2 (poor guy) all the while the government literally made you $5 poorer while you were thinking about it through inflation.  If you want something to get up in arms about, look at inflation, double taxation, or better yet add up what you pay each day or or each hour in taxes.  Then figure out how much inflation is screwing you over ever day or every hour.  It’ll give you a real problem to occupy your mind.  If you are the “poor guy” who can’t afford pointguard, you should really be busting your but at work trying to make that $5 not such a big deal rather then writing on hunting forums on an $1100 iPhone.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

Everyone is all worried about the “rich guy” (apparently having $5 more of discretionary income makes you rich) getting to step ahead of the poor you (the guy with $5 less) in the tiny tiny tiny chance that a returned tag goes to guy number 3 in line (rich guy) instead of guy #2 (poor guy) all the while the government literally made you $5 poorer while you were thinking about it through inflation.  If you want something to get up in arms about, look at inflation, double taxation, or better yet add up what you pay each day or or each hour in taxes.  Then figure out how much inflation is screwing you over ever day or every hour.  It’ll give you a real problem to occupy your mind.  If you are the “poor guy” who can’t afford pointguard, you should really be busting your but at work trying to make that $5 not such a big deal rather then writing on hunting forums on an $1100 iPhone.  

Wtf am I reading 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, codyhuntsaz said:

I thought that was always their argument as to why the couldn’t charge up front for tag fees? Didn’t they say they couldn’t charge when no services were rendered at the time? 

Exactly. We are paying for something we can never use if we dont draw a tag.

18 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

Principles are more then $5

• Like 1

3 draw cycles is not 1.5 years.  It's 8 months.  If you buy it in June for the deer draw it's over with by the elk application in February. Deer/sheep is one cycle, spring is second cycle, elk/antelope is third 

This entire plus plan would be an easier pill to swallow if it improved hunting even a tiny little bit.  

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

Are you in favor of the “special draw” like Wyoming has? Pay more money, get better odds? Or the, put in with an outfitter and have better odds, like New Mexico does? 

34 minutes ago, codyhuntsaz said:

Are you in favor of the “special draw” like Wyoming has? Pay more money, get better odds? Or the, put in with an outfitter and have better odds, like New Mexico does? 

I do them sometimes and sometimes I don’t.  Often the draw odds are better in the cheaper pile and in the non guided pile.   
I understand the point you’re trying to make and understand it’s a slippery slope but I find it interesting how the G&F come up with a change that actually saves people money and they still get all fired up.  My original post to this was that there’s literally no better place that I’d like to see my money go to then back to the resource I love so much so none of it bothers me.  The fact that I pay an absolute pile of money every year that likely goes to help gender studies in Afghanistan or help keep some douche who’s too lazy to work on disability is what bothers me the most.  

• Like 2