Sign in to follow this  
Neverdrawn37A

6A early archery bull timing

2 hours ago, knothead said:

If you were a school teacher you would understand.  

So you don’t have to teach the last week of the season?

I'll be there probably the first 14 days unless I kill and my buddy kills. Semi-retirement is great😉

• Like 2

I thought teachers got a week off during the school year to use whenever for vacation purposes?

4 hours ago, wish2hunt said:

So you don’t have to teach the last week of the season?

When drawn, I will usually take opening day off, Saturday and Sunday.  Go back to work on Monday, head back up Friday after work and hunt Saturday, Sunday and I usually try to take Monday & Tuesday of last week.  Always had to make a deal with principal if I got one early to come back the next day.  In 26 years of teaching I took a week off one time for a hunt.  I ended up getting kidney stones and spent my first day in flagstaff hospital.  I never came home but I had some excruciating pain from time to time.  I finally passed the stones on a Thursday morning out in the field.  Not fun. Teacher friends Joked & told me that is what I get for taking an entire week off.  I wish I had a job where it was possible take an entire season off but I don't.  I know guys who can take entire hunts off and they don't.  That is even harder for me to understand.

We get discretionary days we can use but it is really hard to be away from my classes and students.   I try to limit taking consecutive days off.  I'm not complaining as I knew what I got into when I started years ago.  Sorry for hijacking thread.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, knothead said:

When drawn, I will usually take opening day off, Saturday and Sunday.  Go back to work on Monday, head back up Friday after work and hunt Saturday, Sunday and I usually try to take Monday & Tuesday of last week.  Always had to make a deal with principal if I got one early to come back the next day.  In 26 years of teaching I took a week off one time for a hunt.  I ended up getting kidney stones and spent my first day in flagstaff hospital.  I never came home but I had some excruciating pain from time to time.  I finally passed the stones on a Thursday morning out in the field.  Not fun. Teacher friends Joked & told me that is what I get for taking an entire week off.  I wish I had a job where it was possible take an entire season off but I don't.  I know guys who can take entire hunts off and they don't.  That is even harder for me to understand.

We get discretionary days we can use but it is really hard to be away from my classes and students.   I try to limit taking consecutive days off.  I'm not complaining as I knew what I got into when I started years ago.  Sorry for hijacking thread.

So you don’t miss the first nine days!

On 6/8/2022 at 5:48 PM, wish2hunt said:

I don’t know how anyone could stay home for the first 9 days of a archery bull hunt.

I misunderstood this.  I thought you meant not hunt all the first nine days of season. 

• Like 1

On 6/9/2022 at 10:41 AM, Neverdrawn37A said:

Thanks for all the feedback on this I really appreciate it.  I was leaning towards going at the end of the hunt and what was said here reinforces that.... but at the same time, I don't want to over think it either.  If I didn't have a job, wife, kids etc. would be out there the whole hunt but maybe I can sneak in an extra day or two.  My plan is to get as far from roads and other hunters/quads/razors, weekend campers/hikers etc.  as possible.  Hearing quads go by every hour really kills my motivation.

You can get another wife and kids, another bull tag could be awhile. Lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The dates are early this year i would wait for the last 5 if thats all you can do. I would still run up up for the weekends and hunt also. The only exception would be if you have a bull patterned well and could kill opening morning. With all the water and feed everywhere its going to be tough to have a bull patterned though unless it dries up a ton..

16 hours ago, wish2hunt said:

You can get another wife and kids, another bull tag could be awhile. Lol

Haha, True statement!  A wise man told me once (he's on his 3rd marriage), if your wife doesn't like your hunting schedule, change the wife!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Neverdrawn37A said:

Haha, True statement!  A wise man told me once (he's on his 3rd marriage), if your wife doesn't like your hunting schedule, change the wife!

My ex-wife is a lot better about my hunting schedule now that we are no longer married!

• Like 1