Sign in to follow this  
Edge

The moisture creeps in.

Just got back from Apline. Rained everyday from Wednesday to Saturday. 

• Like 5

Was up at Christmas Tree lake fishing over the weekend.  Nice little shower on Saturday.  Will be nice when the standard monsoon kicks-in in earnest.

As a side note, there were two choppers that were using the lake to fill their buckets for several hours during mid-day.  Game ranger that checked us said there was a dry-lightning fire that had sparked about 7 miles south of us.  He said it wasn't spreading much, and they hoped to contain it fairly quickly.  (Pilots dipped their buckets in the opposite arm of the lake than we were focusing our fishing efforts, so no impact to us....)

S. 

Was up in Happy Jack this weekend and we had intermittent rain pop up on Friday afternoon. Hopefully it kicks off sooner rather then later. 

Headed up to reservation lake this weekend. Looks like we are gonna get wet. 

1 hour ago, ctafoya said:

Headed up to reservation lake this weekend. Looks like we are gonna get wet. 

How’s the water level been there, if you know? It’s been years since I’ve been there. Was a really good lake.

38 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

How’s the water level been there, if you know? It’s been years since I’ve been there. Was a really good lake.

Water wasn't down too far. It was good last year. The fishing was better at drift fence and Pacheta. Easier on those smaller lake with the kayaks when the wind picks up. 

Just had a nice cell move through. I'd say it's official now, high chance of rain throughout the coming week. Pretty exciting, watering the garden has been a chore...

• Like 1

It is raining pretty good in Durango. I hope some of this hit Flagstaff before it got here. 

Show Low area got drenched beautiful day!!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hoss50 said:

It is raining pretty good in Durango. I hope some of this hit Flagstaff before it got here. 

Not much here in Flagstaff, just isolated pockets of rain here and there. Next week looks promising tho, so let’s get this going!⛈

• Like 2

My alarm is set for 3a but this morning I was startled from sleep at about 130a by a flashflood alert on my phone.

There were some pretty intense cells out Morristown and the Anderson Mill area of the Little San Domingo which is normally dry. The washes out there is how I drive to work.

The NWS alert was interesting to say the least, wish I had taken a screenshot. The memo read: 

Danger of flasflooding in the area. All travel should be avoided unless fleeing the area. 

Wow, lol, that kind of got my attention. Drove out there later and there had been some flooding.

• Like 2