Sign in to follow this  
andrewmilich

lake question

i am taking my kids jet skiing this week and trying to figure out what the best lake around to do that is, besides pleasant.  I am think apache or canyon.  thoughts?

Roosevelt no brainer lots of water less traffic everywhere have fun you can find a beach set up some shade and fish off the beach if you want to.   Stay at the resort if it’s a long day or camp at the beach.  Fantastic memories for the kids!!

• Like 3

Pleasant is a Shiite show, Apache was my favorite when I had skis, we camped on the back side of the lake . Could find shade in the mesquites.   Not a big water ski etc. lake, so we were usually the only jet ski punks on it.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

I surprisingly agree with everyone on this thread,  thats a 1st.

Like they said.

If you go to apache launch at 3 mile, nice little beach there and also strait across is a nice spot.

thank you for the details 

My go to was always canyon before i got a power boat.  anoe and kayaking canyon is nice.  

Bought a pontoon, and saguaro is 15 minutes from them.  Saguaro has crap for parking, so get there early and the ramps suck in general. Canyon has better ramps but less "open" area for jet skis and towing the tube.

Haven't been, but Bartlet is supposed to be the siaze of canyon and saguaro combined. Hopefully thats our next stop. I'd run up the hill to Roosevelt or Apache if diesel wasnt the cost of a mrotgage.

Barlett is considerably smaller and narrower than Saguaro.  Not a good skiing lake, 

17 hours ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

Just a heads up, launching another one some time in the morning depending on DPS shutting the road down.  Yesterday they were 3 hrs late so expect a delay at any time. 

are you taking about apache?   I think we are going to go to bartlett.  just closer. 

7 hours ago, andrewmilich said:

are you taking about apache?   I think we are going to go to bartlett.  just closer. 

No canyon,  its done now. 3 days and 2 house boats. Got it done ✔ 

• Like 1