Red Rabbit

Bino Chest Pack Recommendations

I recently picked up a pair of new 10x42's so am looking for a bino chest pack.  I am considering the Marsupial non-magnetic full closure pack.  Are there any better options to consider?

19 minutes ago, Red Rabbit said:

I recently picked up a pair of new 10x42's so am looking for a bino chest pack.  I am considering the Marsupial non-magnetic full closure pack.  Are there any better options to consider?

There All pretty good , any one with a magnet latch may affect a compass or a smart phones compass 

• Like 2

I have the Marsupial medium for 12x42NL's. A bit tight but  I don't keep a phone or compass in it.

Happy with my Kuiu Pro. My Zeiss Victory HT’s are taller than most 10x42’s, and they fit nicely. No problems recommending it. There are a many different systems out there. Trial and error. Took me three tries on different brands before I settled with the Kuiu. 

10 hours ago, Newbie2012 said:

Happy with my Kuiu Pro. My Zeiss Victory HT’s are taller than most 10x42’s, and they fit nicely. No problems recommending it. There are a many different systems out there. Trial and error. Took me three tries on different brands before I settled with the Kuiu. 

What in particular did you like about the Kuiu?  What 3 others did you try and why not like?

2 hours ago, Red Rabbit said:

What in particular did you like about the Kuiu?  What 3 others did you try and why not like?

First one, I dont remember the name: Anyways, it wasn't fully enclosed and I didn't like not having full protection. 

Alaska Guide Creations: Too big. Felt like a VW on my chest..lol. They may have streamlined their setups now, but at the time, just too big. Well built, but too big for me.

Sitka: Too small for my Ziess 10x42's.

Kuiu: As stated earlier, my Ziess Victory HT's are taller than most 10's and the Kuiu worked good, even with the eyecups extended. Also, its more streamlined and not so bulky even after I attached a rangefinder holder(Kuiu) to it. One hand operation can be an issue if your bino's are on the bigger size. I've gotten pretty good at it tho. 

• Like 2

This is what I "run". I really like it. 

image.thumb.png.1b7b3fae3eaa1a3e937bc4dea1d0e31c.png

On 6/13/2022 at 8:29 AM, Red Rabbit said:

I would recommend the one that I have - Alaska Classic HBS with MAX Pocket Bino Pack.

I have the AGC as well, and really like it. As mentioned it is pretty bulky but (not sure if these apply to you) I like the ability to have my range finder inside the front pocket, usually my cell phone on top, there's room for calls/wind indicator/etc and even my leatherman. Makes it nice when you have a backpack on and need to get to certain things quickly without taking off your pack or having them stuffed in your pockets.

On 6/12/2022 at 6:41 PM, HyNoon said:

Marsupial hands down ....

I  second the marsupial harness .

• Like 1