n2horns

Arbys Wagyu buger sucks

1 hour ago, HorseHunter said:

GD deceptive marketing, their commercials make it look sooo good! Thanks for saving me from the first hand experience. 

This brings to mind when Jack In The Box came out with a new burger some five years or so ago. I think it was made from Ribeye. It was worse than their usual burgers. Probably a combination of Panko and Alpo. Funny how our tastebuds get conditioned. 

If you want good ground beef go to Von Hansens. Whatever you get in the local Supermarket was probably ground days ago. As a kid in the suburbs of NYC we would get it ground while we waited at the local butcher. Pick out a cut of beef like Round Steak and they ground it right there. Take it home and put it on a fresh hardroll from the bakery shop with a little salt.pepper and onion. No need to cook it. Just about every other shopping center had a Mom&Pop butcher shop and a bakery. Maternal grandparents were born in the 1880's from German immigrants. Paternal grandfather was also German, I believe fresh off the boat and my grandmother was French and Irish. I have her family Bible from the 1850's/ Leather bound, gold embossed on the pages edges. Weighs probably 5 pounds and is four inches thick and is the size of a laptop.

5 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

This brings to mind when Jack In The Box came out with a new burger some five years or so ago. I think it was made from Ribeye. It was worse than their usual burgers. Probably a combination of Panko and Alpo. Funny how our tastebuds get conditioned. 

If you want good ground beef go to Von Hansens. Whatever you get in the local Supermarket was probably ground days ago. As a kid in the suburbs of NYC we would get it ground while we waited at the local butcher. Pick out a cut of beef like Round Steak and they ground it right there. Take it home and put it on a fresh hardroll from the bakery shop with a little salt.pepper and onion. No need to cook it. Just about every other shopping center had a Mom&Pop butcher shop and a bakery. Maternal grandparents were born in the 1880's from German immigrants. Paternal grandfather was also German, I believe fresh off the boat and my grandmother was French and Irish. I have her family Bible from the 1850's/ Leather bound, gold embossed on the pages edges. Weighs probably 5 pounds and is four inches thick and is the size of a laptop.

I had Von Hanson's rescue 80#s of ground elk that another outfit "butchered" (dual meaning there). Their Big Popa Brats, chorizo, Italian sausage, and assorted summer sausages are on point! 

They proved the old adage that cheap processing ain't good and good processing ain't cheap.

Totally worth it though. It would be a tragedy if they ever went out of business. They are a gem! 

• Like 2