Sign in to follow this  
azsugarbear

Tikka Barreled Action - Price Lowered

I have a Tikka T3 barreled action chambered in 6.5x47 Lapua.  Ballistically, this caliber runs very close to the 6.5 CM and is a darling with the PRS crowd.  This was a custom built rifle by Ross Rifles and the previous owner appears to have spared no expense with this build.  I would prefer to sell the action/barrel together, but I am willing to separate.  The action would come complete with action, bolt and action screws, but no bottom metal (see my other auction for KRG Bravo chassis that come with bottom metal & mag).  The action has the following upgrades:

1)  Fluted bolt (High Helix design) by Long Rifles, Inc.   $75

2)  Metal Bolt Shroud from Atlasworxs   $42

3)  Oversized Bolt Knob Handle from Atlasworxs   $68

4)  Tikka 20 MOA rail   $57

5)  Yo Dave spring kit  $10

Asking $800 for the action.  If purchasing just the action, I will need a day or two to remove the barrel from the action.

The barrel is of unknown origin, but it is clearly an aftermarket, custom barrel.  It is a 24" Bull Barrel contour with a 1.25" diameter shank tapering down to 0.915" muzzle diameter with a recessed target crown.  Asking $100 additional for the barrel - if purchasing with the action.  $150 for just the barrel.

I also have 100 reloaded rounds of 6.5x47L that can be dismantled - providing bullets, primers and Lapua small primer brass.  I also have Redding three die set with Neck & Full Body decapping dies and a competition seating die for sale as well.

As always, CWT members get first shot at anything I sell before posting on different websites/boards.  The first "I'll take it" in the thread trumps any PM's or text message.  I like everything out in the open for all to see.  No back door deals.  For questions, you can post in the thread or send me a PM.  I live in the N. Scottsdale area - cross streets:  N. 101 Loop and 56th Street.  Not interested in trades at this time, unless you have some Berger 85.5 gr.  22 cal bullets.

Tikka Action1.JPG

Tikka Action2.JPG

Tikka Action3.JPG

I love my 6.5x47 lapua rifles, one shoots 135 burgers at 2850 and the other shoots 130 burgers close to the same with little recoil. Fun accurate round, with a smooth tikka action can’t beat that combo.

Price lowered to $750 for just the action with all the aftermarket goodies.  Price for custom barreled action in 6.5x47L is $850.  Barrel alone $150.

I have no idea on the round count, as none was provided to me.  However, I used my Teslong borescope to examine the bore and saw no checkering or 'fire cracking' of any kind on the lands/grooves in the area where the lands start.  Now everybody's experiences are different, but I have generally seen that some fire cracking in barrels occurs starting around 300 rounds.  Therefore, I assume that less than a couple hundred rounds have been sent down the barrel.  I did notice that there are some brass deposits in the groove that should come out with a good cleaning.