PRDATR

What's your favorite Burger Joint?

After a dove hunt we pass thru buckeye for a Cafe 25: 35 burger  in Buckeye.... all the burgers are really good. Haven't found one there I didn't like...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bigbuckfever said:

Now that the Antlers is back open in Young, the wife and I are going to take a road trip Saturday.  We are going to head up thru Payson and drop down the Young Rd from the 260 and stop at the Antlers for a burger (all this talk of burgers has got me craving a good one).  We'll take the Globe route home to complete the trip.  I love that drive.  Now we just have to decide which kid to sell so we can afford the gas.  Thanks Brandon 

That’s a great road trip.  I ordered mine with some add ones… fried egg, green chili, and cheese.  Cooked medium well.  

I liked young so much, I moved here last summer.  

• Like 4

On 6/21/2022 at 8:35 PM, n2horns said:

Isn't RO the only thing in Heber anyways?  I seem to always hit RO when it is on the cold side, little rain or snow, don't think I have ever been during dry hot days.

funny RO story....

coming back from the white mnts we stopped for a burger.  We had taking in my teenage brother inlaw and he was going through his punk stage, wearing baggy pants .We ordered food and he walked over to the jukebox just looking and came and sat back down. The jukebox was playing sample music and there was a huge man; nearly taking up 2 bar stools; sitting at the bar wearing his cowboy hat. When that r&b sample music started playing it was like everyone stopped and looked at our table! That big guy turned around just glaring. I was like "did you put that shoot on?" he said " heck no!"  it was like when the music stops when someone walk into a bar in the movies.  We laughed all the way home!

Good burgers at RO.

Hi-Boys in Missouri good for a greasy hang over burger.

Another for chuck box.

Bun Huggers in flag used to be good. been quite a few years though.

jlw

• Haha 1

Alpine grill. I think it's called the huntsman. 

Screenshot_20220623-093801_Maps.thumb.jpg.99fdb88f6590752ef2117f29b7f33be2.jpg

Charlie's restaurant and lounge in Chamberliain SD. 

Screenshot_20220623-094153_Maps.thumb.jpg.560db8e45bdda3e77494c49305ca65f3.jpg

Fast food would be the Santa Barbara char from the Habit. 

Screenshot_20220623-094507_Maps.thumb.jpg.c741a332cd9fbf23f935e7f2fec5c12d.jpg

9 minutes ago, ctafoya said:

Charlie's restaurant and lounge in Chamberliain SD. 

Screenshot_20220623-094153_Maps.thumb.jpg.560db8e45bdda3e77494c49305ca65f3.jpg

Fast food would be the Santa Barbara char from the Habit. 

Screenshot_20220623-094507_Maps.thumb.jpg.c741a332cd9fbf23f935e7f2fec5c12d.jpg

Nicks Burgers, Brookings SD. 

5 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Nicks Burgers, Brookings SD. 

I'll give that a try next time I'm in the area. 

Back in the old days, So California, City of Vernon/Industry where the Farmer John meat plant is/or will be gone soon, there was a burger place called Mike Hockey Burger.  Corner of the street, old school diner looking place.  He was a hockey player, and made a burger with meat patty and hotdog cut in half put on top of the meat.  Called the Hockey Burger.  That was the OG burger.  This was not to far from the old Sears main distribution/warehouse center.

Farmer boys bacon boy and a side of onion rings .Its on the way to sportsmans in mesa.Not a cool or scenic drive but with sportsmans around the corner its always good for spending a few bucks.

most memorable I've had in Flagstaff has been at Proper Meats where Freddy's Grand Canyon Cafe used to be.  Diablo Burger has a good rep, but, although good,  I found it did not live up to the hype.

23 minutes ago, Big Tub said:

I'm not seeing you Tucson Boys list any.  Wife likes In-n-Out.

In-n-Out never really hooked me. Went once years ago and thought what’s the big commotion about this place? If I have to have a burger in town it’s Freddy’s California double but I’d rather wait and cook one on the back patio while looking at the mountains 

38 minutes ago, Big Tub said:

I'm not seeing you Tucson Boys list any.  Wife likes In-n-Out.

It’s good with no onions but I hate their fries cooked in clean oil. I need my fries to taste like everything else that’s been fried that week before the bio-diesel truck comes.

• Haha 1

Two I forgot (one is non existent) mauds in Clifton. Best greasy food including burgers that has ever been cooked! And gimmes in York Valley. Very good burger and cheese cake back in the day.