Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Geez

2 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

700$ a month here.  Havnt changed my driving habits yet but am considering an EV for commute.

clapping-joe-biden.gif.ecd843adf7528b8ee4a215a454586b40.gif

My uncle golfs with a recently retired APS exec. He says if half of the folks in Corona de Tucson had EVs and plugged them in, it would take the grid down.

Just like the  Lefties to try and force us into EVs before the grid can handle it.

But I will admit I've been looking at electric off-road bikes for my 14 mile commute to the mine.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Edge said:

My uncle golfs with a recently retired APS exec. He says if half of the folks in Corona de Tucson had EVs and plugged them in, it would take the grid down.

Just like the  Lefties to try and force us into EVs before the grid can handle it.

But I will admit I've been looking at electric off-road bikes for my 14 mile commute to the mine.

Tim 14 miles is a heck of a trek.

16 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

Tim 14 miles is a heck of a trek.

That's the off road part. Even at 5mph it's slowly beating the crap out of my vehicles.

• Like 1

With my car, I stop at $30, regardless how much I need. Even though I’m fueling up more times than before, stopping the pump at $30 is purely psychological now. Mind games gotta get me through it! Before FJB, $30 would fill up my car easily. 

My truck? Forget about it. Haven’t driven it long distance since my turkey hunt. Thought prices were bad then…sheesh! 

17 hours ago, Edge said:

clapping-joe-biden.gif.ecd843adf7528b8ee4a215a454586b40.gif

Thats the deal we live with, experts and scientists know we are on the wrong path but they cant get anyone to listen to them. I dont know what the plan was but this was all planned out before Biden, being in manufacturing I know all these car companies had these EV vehicles already on the move in development im sure on the word of lobyists that the government would be on board. Theres no way Biden gets in and 6 months later all the major manufactures already have products to sell. There wasnt even any supply chain for the batteries as far as we would know and now they all have as many batteries as needed. The mines would have had to be ramped up years back to supply them??? I can barely find oil for my truck at wallmart "one of the largest supply chain companies " and yet theres unlimited battery for EV supply???? Its no joke that alot of the charging stations for EV are diesel powered generators. Clown world my friends,,,,,,Clown world. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

He’s a complete idiot, but whoever set him up with “cages” on his pedals is probably gonna get disappeared. That was not smart 

I just watched the video a couple more times. Here's how thoughtless the leader of the free world is. He actually took both feet out of the cages, left then right. And while at a stand still he leans the bike to the right and actually put his right foot back in the cage as it's falling down. WTF, WTG Brandon... 😂

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Edge said:

I just watched the video a couple more times. Here's how thoughtless the leader of the free world is. He actually took both feet out of the cages, left then right. And while at a stand still he leans the bike to the right and actually put his right foot back in the cage as it's falling down. WTF, WTG Brandon... 😂

Like I said earlier..................he's never mowed a lawn!!!

• Haha 1

I've reached an all time low. I'm now driving a Fiat 500. You want to talk about scary, try driving one of these things! Everything on the road is bigger than it! One accident and that will probably be the end of me! Looks like its going to save me about $300+ a month though. Now I just need some FJB stickers for the back window. 

1 minute ago, briant_az said:

I've reached an all time low. I'm now driving a Fiat 500. You want to talk about scary, try driving one of these things! Everything on the road is bigger than it! One accident and that will probably be the end of me! Looks like its going to save me about $300+ a month though. Now I just need some FJB stickers for the back window. 

Back in the 80s I bought a couple cars from my credit union. An MG Midget and a Renault LeCar, both a POS.

7 minutes ago, Edge said:

Back in the 80s I bought a couple cars from my credit union. An MG Midget and a Renault LeCar, both a POS.

This car is no different, its a POS also. Monday mornings I have to start it twice, guaranteed. First time you turn the key it will not stay running. 

Its sad because its a 2013 with 6,500 miles on it. It was my wife's grandmother car. Once she passed away the in-laws just let it sit in their garage until now. Kind of happy they wouldn't let me buy it from them though. These dang things are selling for 10k with 50k miles on them. Stupid times. 

On 6/18/2022 at 7:03 AM, Edge said:

Internet is telling me I got a 38 gallon tank. At current prices that's $210 to fill up.

And the pump only lets me go to 100. So I got a hangup ,do the whole thing again and fill it up

56 minutes ago, Jazz said:

And the pump only lets me go to 100. So I got a hangup ,do the whole thing again and fill it up

Mine used to be 125$, I noticed recently tho, that they must have increased it because I routinely put in 140-160$ now.

• Sad 1