Sign in to follow this  
OpticNerd

Our 2021 Coues Season

Incredible job glassing up all those bucks. That is definitely not easy to come up with all those bucks especially of that quality.

What’s your go to glass ?

• Thanks 1

Thank you Hatchet Jack! My binos are a Redneck ridged special. They started out as an old pair of Nikon 8x30 EII that I've since replaced the left objective with an objective from a Nikon ED50 spotting scope giving me 20x50 on the left and 8x30 on the right. I call them my Nikensteins. I do majority of my glassin with the 8s and anytime I need a closer look at something I just look through the 20x on the left side. My reasoning for doing this is I'm legally blind in my left eye. They definitely aren't Swaros but they've work pretty good for me.   

• Like 3

Awesome pictures, video and stories! Thanks!

Jeff

• Like 1

Awesome.  Love your content on YouTube & excellent stuff here.  I especially like that you are always concerned with the ethics & making sure you pass that on to your kids.  Not near enough of that out there these days.  Thanks for sharing & for raising another generation of true sportsmen (& women)!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cohntr6 said:

How did you and the family do on the draw?

Jeff

We did good got 6 tags in total. 4 youth tags, a November tag and one late December tag. How about you? 

Sounds like you hit the jackpot! Congrats!

We went 2/4 with a 3rd WT and late WT hunt.

Jeff

• Like 1

On 7/5/2022 at 4:26 PM, StraightTequilaNight said:

Awesome.  Love your content on YouTube & excellent stuff here.  I especially like that you are always concerned with the ethics & making sure you pass that on to your kids.  Not near enough of that out there these days.  Thanks for sharing & for raising another generation of true sportsmen (& women)!

Thank you very much for the compliment I really appreciate it! I do my best to make sure my kids don't make the same mistakes I did growing up. I still make mistakes from time to time but I will say having to teach my kids how to hunt has definitely made me a better hunter. Thanks again and you're welcome!

Wow what an awesome write up! What a year for you and the family. Really awesome that you got to chase so many Coues. Congratulations to both of your daughters on great shooting and tagging some stud bucks! Hopefully you and the wife tag out soon. Thanks for sharing your hunting stories! Can’t wait for the upcoming season 

• Like 1