Sign in to follow this  

I walked out my door and saw a really big snake track but no snake to be seen .... yet .... in goes under my storage shed and I did not see an exit track... it is not letting me post the picture...

I've always thought the monsoon storms bring them out.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, wish2hunt said:

Went out to enjoy the rain and found 6 rattle snakes.

A8E244F7-82DC-4BB9-9ABF-04758548E461.jpeg

735B58D5-961D-4F6B-9FF6-2436507BA1C3.jpeg

F0CCDD57-C40B-41F3-A425-AED1F56EDAFB.jpeg

0B45976C-DF8A-4632-A26F-F7803134480E.jpeg

You need to go to one of those snake avoidance clinics bro

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Edge said:

I've always thought the monsoon storms bring them out.

Snakes, turantulas and the few gila monsters I've seen reliably showed up after a good rain.

9 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

You need to go to one of those snake avoidance clinics bro

I took one of my dogs to avoidance class twice. She failed both classes. Appears flopping over like a fainting goat wasn't what the dog trainer was looking for.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Snakes, turantulas and the few gila monsters I've seen reliably showed up after a good rain.

Once the sun goes down the snakes and spiders come out. If the temperature is 65 or so you can pick up the bigger snakes by the tail, 4 footers, as they get lethargic.

• Like 1

Had a buddy who back in April moved to a new property and was checking on a pipe that was run underground from a pump on the property. This is where the pipe came out so he stuck his head in it for some dang reason and almost got a rattlesnake kiss. If it was a couple months later, he would've been smacked right on the kisser. Dang things are so camouflaged sometimes. 

rattler.jpg

text.jpg

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Yuma Outdoorsman said:

Had a buddy who back in April moved to a new property and was checking on a pipe that was run underground from a pump on the property. This is where the pipe came out so he stuck his head in it for some dang reason and almost got a rattlesnake kiss. If it was a couple months later, he would've been smacked right on the kisser. Dang things are so camouflaged sometimes. 

rattler.jpg

text.jpg

They are so hard to see

On 6/23/2022 at 8:54 PM, wish2hunt said:

Went out to enjoy the rain and found 6 rattle snakes.

A8E244F7-82DC-4BB9-9ABF-04758548E461.jpeg

735B58D5-961D-4F6B-9FF6-2436507BA1C3.jpeg

F0CCDD57-C40B-41F3-A425-AED1F56EDAFB.jpeg

0B45976C-DF8A-4632-A26F-F7803134480E.jpeg

Good eyes, seeing all of those different colored snakes rolled up and hidden. Very good reminder for everyone to keep a lookout for them at all times.

I was able to decrease the population by one last night

• Like 1

Being born and raised in Flagstaff I have never really had the Arizonan experience of dealing with rattle snakes. I have seen 3 in my life and only one was up here 20 years ago. I have probably hiked a thousand miles shed hunting since then, even in the summer and never seen another one. We have a ton of bull snakes up here and I think that is why you hardly ever see a rattler. I did get an Arizona black while setting up a blind for bear a year or 2 ago down by Prescott. When I shot it was jet black and slowly after it died the diamonds started to show up. I guess the have a similar color change ability as chameleons. If anyone has a good method/tanning suggestion, I still have the skin in the freezer and would like to put it up.

20200601_071038.jpg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, nateNAU said:

Being born and raised in Flagstaff I have never really had the Arizonan experience of dealing with rattle snakes. I have seen 3 in my life and only one was up here 20 years ago. I have probably hiked a thousand miles shed hunting since then, even in the summer and never seen another one. We have a ton of bull snakes up here and I think that is why you hardly ever see a rattler. I did get an Arizona black while setting up a blind for bear a year or 2 ago down by Prescott. When I shot it was jet black and slowly after it died the diamonds started to show up. I guess the have a similar color change ability as chameleons. If anyone has a good method/tanning suggestion, I still have the skin in the freezer and would like to put it up.

After I skin them I lay it flat and put toothpicks about an inch or two apart on the skin then roll it up. I mix straight glycerin with a a little 90% rubbing alcohol maybe 90% glycerin to a little bit of alcohol and put it in a small jar for a week making sure the whole skin is submerged. 

Then I take it out and wipe it off and lay it out on an old towel and then roll it up in the towel up for another week. Last one I did was about three years ago and it is still soft and pliable.

I'm sure there are other "recipes" and methods too.

• Like 1