geoffsl

Its Time To Change the Arizona Bonus Point System

Sorry, not signing, the AZ system is a good balance of preferential treatment for bonus point holders and chances to get a tag for newbies. 

• Like 10

I got my sheep tag with 7 points but cant get an elk tag to save my life (at 13 I think). I cannot complain at all.

• Like 3

The only change I would agree with is to go to a true bonus point system such as Nevada. Overall our bonus/preference point hybrid system isn’t all that bad

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, twigsnapper said:

Sorry, not signing, the AZ system is a good balance of preferential treatment for bonus point holders and chances to get a tag for newbies. 

Thats where you are wrong. . .it is NOT a preferential system at all. . .at no point does the fact that you have waited the longest guarantee you have a tag. . .it just means you have more chances to be randomly selected in the bonus pool pass of the draw. . .and I think that is the problem. . .people don't understand how it works.  There is a big difference between a preferential system and bonus point system.  

I would be more ok if like you say it was a good balance. . .but how is 20% of the tags balanced?  When  the general pop gets a shot at 70% of the tags??? Thats not balanced at all.  Make it 50 / 50 it you like a balance. . .spending more money and more time in line, should account for something.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Seems like you don’t understand the system..

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Put in for hunts you can drawn and quit bitching 

Youre right, I guess I could always apply for the limited opportunity hunts they troll us with.  Great suggestion.  Some of us, enjoy the quality of hunt, some don't I get it.  But even still you don't address the fairness of the process. . .Even if i were to put in for the higher odds to draw, the fact is there is always someone who spent less and waited a shorter amount of time.  .  .case in point, it took 6 points for me to draw spring turkey. . . . . .how?

Just now, muleybowhunter said:

lol How long have you been applying? Are you from Cali? 

Must be the way he wants it changed to suit himself.

• Like 1

Just now, wish2hunt said:

Must be putting in for the Strip. 

Its every where. . .nothing special for Elk (3a/3c archer), unit 10 antelope, unit 12w for deer. . .but it took six points to draw spring turkey???

• Haha 1