geoffsl

Its Time To Change the Arizona Bonus Point System

3 minutes ago, geoffsl said:

You are hilarious.  So funny.  I imagine you are just as o.k. with going to a restaurant, ordering your food and watch plate after plate of food getting delivered to people who ordered an hour after you. . .or so jovial and fun when you are at the grocery store with a cart full of items as one by one people from back of the line get rung up ahead of you. . .but youre right I am such butt for thinking that first come first serve should be a thing.  

You drew tag #1 and yet you are still complaining. Smfh 

2 minutes ago, geoffsl said:

You are hilarious.  So funny.  I imagine you are just as o.k. with going to a restaurant, ordering your food and watch plate after plate of food getting delivered to people who ordered an hour after you. . .or so jovial and fun when you are at the grocery store with a cart full of items as one by one people from back of the line get rung up ahead of you. . .but youre right I am such butt for thinking that first come first serve should be a thing.  

I think your disconnect is between purchasing an actual item.. (food, groceries) vs. purchasing a chance( to be drawn).  Now if AGFD said first come first served and you were first in line and they skipped you, you could complain about that.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, geoffsl said:

You’re the guy that keeps going back the same crappy “restaurant”. Adapt and overcome man. Not much that is “fair” nowadays. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, 1uglydude said:

I stopped reading your rants right here, because this post alone highlights that you have no idea what you are talking about.  10% are not guaranteed for out of state...that would be like the New Mexico system.  There is a 10% CAP on out of state...as in "no more than 10%".    Stop saying that others need a refresher course when you obviously never learned it for yourself.

If you wont read the departments own material. . .then I can't help you understand it. . . this is straight from their publication; for elk hunt #03149 3a/3c archery bull.   After reading it, you can clearly see. . .only 20% of the tags went to the bonus pool. . .and in this case 5% went to the out of state people. . .and with a bonus point in hand you had only a .006147 percent to draw that tag.  In the gen pool  you have right around a 2%. . .so put the two together and you have less than a 3% chance to draw. . . .I am sorry I didn't say UP to 10%--in this case it was half that. . .but my point still remains the same. . .there are people who drew this tag ahead of people who have waited longer to draw it.  All I am saying, wouldn't be nice to know that the person who has been waiting the longest. . .I guess we can agree to disagree

All 125 25 2225 1842 4067 11 14 22 25 25

100 Res 125 25 1319 1133 2452 9 10 18 19 19

Res% 59.28 61.51 60.29 81.82 81.82 76.00

NonRes 12 6 906 709 1615 2 4 4 6 6

NonRes% 40.72 38.49 39.71 18.18 18.18 24.00

4 minutes ago, SHOOTER said:

You’re the guy that keeps going back the same crappy “restaurant”. Adapt and overcome man. Not much that is “fair” nowadays. 

I guess thats why I am saying something. . .I would like to see it changed. . .we don't have to accept it just because. . .but whatever.  I am sorry that I love to hunt, I am frustrated that almost every trophy or near trophy or better than average hunt is becoming a once in a lifetime hunt opportunity.  Clearly, i am the only one who would like to see it done more equitable like some of our neighboring states.  

3 minutes ago, CouesFanatic said:

who cares if someone draws it who hasn't waited as long. 20% to max points, 80% random. Keep it that way. 

BTW, how many states do you apply for each year geoffsl?

typically, AZ, NM and WY.  I have put in for CO and UT in the past, just cant afford the fees every year.  I have looked at other states (MT) but don't have the confidence in a DIY area that I know nothing about. 

Theres just not enough animals to go around, let alone the trophy hunts you are applying for. A true preference point system would be a nightmare in Arizona. We don't have the game numbers like other states. Look at Nevada, its a squared bonus point system. Some hunts odds are like 1/7000. If you want to hunt top end hunts you better be prepared to wait a long time or get lucky drawing, otherwise lower your expectations and hunt easier hunts. 

• Like 2

Please tell me what states? Most people from Nevada hate their draw and only get 2 or 3 Quality tags a lifetime. 

NM can be feast or famine most of the time famine of you want Quality hunts. 

UT and colorado is wait 20 years for a good tag or hunt in the pumpkin patch every few years. 
AZ really isn’t that bad when you apply and hunt the neighboring states. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

I think your disconnect is between purchasing an actual item.. (food, groceries) vs. purchasing a chance( to be drawn).  Now if AGFD said first come first served and you were first in line and they skipped you, you could complain about that.  

Yeah maybe there is a difference when it comes to expectation. . .But arent we required to purchase a license? and don't we spend money on the app fees. . .and those add up. and if you are the guy I saw this morning that has 33 points for big horn and still didn't draw, knowing that someone drew with less points. . .that hurts.  and we are all getting there. ..My boys (now in their mid to late 20's) have been on one elk hunt of their own. . .and only two of the three have ever hunted antelope, we have 3 deer hunts over the same period of time between the 4 of us.  So yes, I am bitching. . .so we can agree to disagree, I would like to see the system changed to be more equitable.    

1 minute ago, geoffsl said:

Yeah maybe there is a difference when it comes to expectation. . .But arent we required to purchase a license? and don't we spend money on the app fees. . .and those add up. and if you are the guy I saw this morning that has 33 points for big horn and still didn't draw, knowing that someone drew with less points. . .that hurts.  and we are all getting there. ..My boys (now in their mid to late 20's) have been on one elk hunt of their own. . .and only two of the three have ever hunted antelope, we have 3 deer hunts over the same period of time between the 4 of us.  So yes, I am bitching. . .so we can agree to disagree, I would like to see the system changed to be more equitable.    

If he had 33 and wasn’t drawn, he put in for 22 and 24bn and nobody with less points than him got those 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, geoffsl said:

@geoffsl

Lets say hypothetically you own a bakery. In your current state of thinking, the person that pays you first, even if they order 2000 croissants should get there order before the person behind them that ordered one, right.......your not making sense dude. You didn't get drawn. There are a lot of us that didn't. Get over it. It's going to happen again next year.......and probably the year after that too. Especially since my 4 year old son technically has more bonus points than you do thanks to my wife. Can't wait until he turns 10 and draws your tag.

What is our world coming to? people don't know if they are men or women, and now we can't even have a lottery without someone crying. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, CWpredator said:

"You’re just feeling a sense of entitlement...."

THIS!

• Like 1

Two things I've noticed about threads like these. Number 1 Its always started during the draw, CC hit period. Never say 2-3 months before the draw starts, and number 2 Its never started by anyone with a tag. Just my observation.

• Like 3