Sign in to follow this  
Ed67

Scouting Colorado

I’m scouting the unit where I have a September ML tag, beautiful country, rugged and steep. All the elk I’m seeing are either on private or 10,500 and up. Tons of bear sign so I’ll be buying the $100 add on tag. Sharing a few pics, arrow pointed to where I’m seeing elk above tree line, few others just under. Hiking is tough, I have a cabin at around 8800 but once you hit 10K to hike things change quite a bit. 
i got back to the truck and a marmot was under the hood chewing on the firewall which was spooky when I popped the hood. Fortunately no wiring. 

3EDF1EBB-FAD5-44DC-8485-F1AED29BB81C.jpeg

AA601101-8C5E-4DD7-9174-3333E72138B5.jpeg

A6EAF4C4-465B-4B4C-9893-8AC07DE33726.jpeg

85194523-6576-4DDD-97FC-AEF392120E13.jpeg

37B67CCF-AF74-4C1C-92D7-39A879567D8D.jpeg

34789B15-AFE1-4E6B-A853-764D846186AA.jpeg

• Like 5

Bear, they are thick here

Looks like fun. I drew a few tags up there this year myself. Looking forward to some awesome country and views.

Looks awesome up there! 😃 share some stories of the hunt while you are up there or when you get back! Excited to hear how it goes

You bet, spending a couple days in lower country then headed back up. I’ll post pics 

• Like 1

Dad and I did the elk hunt a few years back .What beautiful country .We were just outside Durango.Snow had us locked down to lower elevations.The only elk we saw was a cow at the Applebees parking lot.

Also have a ML tag out there this year. Never considered marmots being an issue. I’ll definitely keep that in mind thanks

3 hours ago, JBenz63 said:

Also have a ML tag out there this year. Never considered marmots being an issue. I’ll definitely keep that in mind thanks

I’ve been going out there for years and this was the first time I’ve had one in the engine compartment. They can do some damage 

Headed back out this morning after several days of rain. Not much to see other than some fresh beds,couple cow elk and deer on the trail cam, and this buck that I walked up on. 
Anyone recognize the peak? SW Colorado

234655A0-0709-4751-B21C-35B637E844EC.jpeg

2 hours ago, Ed67 said:

Headed back out this morning after several days of rain. Not much to see other than some fresh beds,couple cow elk and deer on the trail cam, and this buck that I walked up on. 
Anyone recognize the peak? SW Colorado

234655A0-0709-4751-B21C-35B637E844EC.jpeg

Is that Hesperus Mtn?

SW Colorado is awesome, going to buy a cabin up there one of these days soon to spend the summers.  Gotta hit up Serious Texas Bbq if you pass through Durango!

1 hour ago, Neverdrawn37A said:

Is that Hesperus Mtn?

SW Colorado is awesome, going to buy a cabin up there one of these days soon to spend the summers.  Gotta hit up Serious Texas Bbq if you pass through Durango!

Wass and Mann above Moab?

Not too far to both 

I have the September ML deer in units 80/81, anyone else have that hunt? I think I've seen a bear every time I've hunted Colorado.

• Like 1