Sign in to follow this  
ctafoya

Need carpet help

We were going to keep the tile out into the bedroom. Things changed and now we are trying to get our house listed later this week. Need to get a threshold figured out. Anyone in the east valley know how to make this look better then dog Ch!t? I dont have time with everything else going on to figure it out. 20220703_170355.jpg

• Like 1

Buy a carpet door strip. Trim carpet a bit and screw it down. If it's wood sub floor it's that easy. If it's concrete, drill some holes, buy appropriate screws and anchors.

• Like 2

2 options.

Get a good carpet guy to install z bar where it folds over that edge and makes it look like a natural transition. But it looks cut slightly to short for that option. But maybe...

Best option is still a good carpet guy and trim it and tuck right next to the tile. The height of the carpet  "pile" will hide the bare edge of the tile and make it look natural. 

• Like 1

Since you are selling it and the buyer will probably replace it anyway get some estimates to put in new carpet. You will more than get your money back and it will add to the curb appeal. Even new medium grade carpet will look better than older carpet that has been professionally cleaned.

All you need is some tack strip nailed down about a 1/4 inch in front of the tile. Stretch the carpet back up and trim it and you'll be fine.

Ike mentioned earlier I do t have time to mess with it. I'm on a tight schedule. I'm in east mesa, crismon and Guadalupe. 

52 minutes ago, ctafoya said:

Ike mentioned earlier I do t have time to mess with it. I'm on a tight schedule. I'm in east mesa, crismon and Guadalupe. 

if I can get down there this week, I'll do it for gas money.  let me check the work schedule Tuesday.  PM me your number, I didn't save it.  

• Like 1

Thanks again! Looks great. 

• Like 1