no worries

"Group Bonus Point Average 1" What does it mean ?

Congrats to everyone who drew tags.

Curious as to what "group bonus point 1" means on my tag.

I put in by myself this year and have a loyalty point for deer. I took the April hunter's education  field day ( passed, LOL) and was assured that I would have the additional point before the June draw. Shouldn't my group bonus point be 2 ? Or am I looking at this wrong?

thanks Jim

thanks lungbuster

My portal still doesn't show the hunters ed point. G&F and the instructors claim that the points on the portal are not updated very often , but the point would be available for the draw.  Seems pretty weird that it's not there and my average is 1.

@no worries I have the same issue, I did my Hunters Ed in April and my bonus point doesn't show up in my portal. I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem, so this makes me feel a little better. If I had the point my odds were pretty high for me to draw an easy Couse tag but I didn't draw this year making me think maybe I didn't receive the point. I don't know, might be paying a visit to the GF office this week to get it sorted out, but maybe I have the point and just butt hurt I didn't draw deer this year.

LK37

Sorry to hear you didn’t get drawn this year.  At least I drew a tag. 
My bet is that you hunter Ed point wasn’t in their system. ( Mine as well. ) My sons tag shows an average bonus point 2 . I’m thinking that would be loyalty and hunter’s Ed.
Since he drew last year he wouldn’t have a species point. 
Let me know how it goes with G&F if you go that route. I have less to complain about since I did draw a tag, but they really should be able to keep our points up to date. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZBIG10 said:

Sorry they weren’t able to update your points. I assume they were busy working on point guard plus platinum 

I thought they were partnering with kuiu and making point guard plus pro and point guard plus ultra….

I have my loyalty and hunter Ed and my individual bonus points and group average (for an application of just me) don’t match so I’m guessing one just isn’t getting counted somewhere in the display. 

always worth a call. They can tell you if you are showing the point. For what it’s worth my brother didn’t draw a tag he had points to bonus pass last year based on the report. My guess is some of the tag cuts shuffled where people applied

• Like 1

My son took his field day course in May and his hunter ed point showed up on the portal 4days before the draw deadline. Sounds like your instructor was slacking .The instructor my boy had was on it. His field day was on a Sunday and the next day the instructor called me and said he had gotten everyone paperwork submitted that Monday after , and that he didnt think that the bonus point would be updated till after the draw . He also received his hunter ed card in the mail the second week of June.

Nice to hear that your son enjoys hunting and took the class. Glad his point showed up and hopefully he got a great tag.  

• Like 2

I’ve called before because both my wife’s point and my points were off. The lady explained that the portal does not always show an accurate presentation of your actual points. I think that’s a bit goofy (I would like something to reflect my actual points) but she assured me that internally G&F have our correct points for the draw

Well.  I called G&F again today and was told that my account still doesn’t show the hunter Ed point.  I was transferred over to hunter Ed department and actually spoke with a person this time ( usually just voicemail). 
She confirmed my info and added the point today. She also recommended that I send an email to the hunter education department so they could have IT work on the known “glitch”. 
Since I did draw a tag, it’s hard to Btch to much. Just seems like it could have been handled a month ago when I called twice.

• Like 1