DonkeyMan

I have the opportunity to harvest 4 Coues deer this year

Hello folks,

Call it dumb luck, but I have the opportunity to take 4 Coues deer this year.  Yes LEGALLY.

I harvested this stud buck in Mexico in late January this year.  That’s Coues buck #1 for 2022

I was also fortunate enough to draw a unit B San Carlos coozy tag for the last week of December. That’s potential Couesy buck #2

Coozy buck tag #3 comes from an any antlered tag in New Mexico’s unit 16

Lastly, I just got word that we drew a coozy rifle tag in Arizona’s unit 33.  That’s coozy tag #4

Here is where it gets fun.  According to SCI and Boones and Crockett, no one person has taken more than 3 coozys in one year, most of those coming from Mexico.  I’m going for something that’s never been done apparently.  

My question.  What would be a respectable buck in each of the 3 remaining hunts?  The Mexico buck scores just shy of 118

Thanks

Donkeyman

0D2E1541-AE16-4968-85B8-0DD752990642.jpeg

Edited by DonkeyMan
Pic
  • Like 12
  • Great Buck! 3
  • Wow! 7

Anything over 100 is pretty respectable, but it's all subjective.  If it gets your heart pumping, shoot!   Best of luck.

• Like 2

Your New Mexico hunt will definitely be the most challenging, unless you know that unit, or hire a guide. I shot 2 one year and I felt like I hit the lottery…. 4 is awesome! 
that buck is an absolute stud by the way, love the angular tines

• Like 1

I know 2 guys that take more than 3 a year in Mexico with their bows. Money and available tags is all it takes. Congratulations and good luck. Ed F

• Like 1

1 hour ago, briant_az said:

Your talking more than 3 book bucks in one year?

Yessir that’s correct.  1 have one in the book with an opportunity for 3 more.

33 minutes ago, BOWUNTR said:

I know 2 guys that take more than 3 a year in Mexico with their bows. Money and available tags is all it takes. Congratulations and good luck. Ed F

Thanks Ed.  No doubt you can buy your way into tags in Mexico.  I’m talking about being the first ever to take a record buck in each of the 4 legal hunting areas, all in one year

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Pretty presumptuous don't ya think? I hope you complete your slam!

Hey there.  Was not intending to come across as presumptuous at all.  I am laying out that I have 3 more tags in my pocket.  Every single hunt will be its own battle.  If anything I’d say the odds are stacked against me..

• Like 1

Would be an impressive accomplishment to get 4 book bucks in one calendar year

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, dustin25 said:

Your New Mexico hunt will definitely be the most challenging, unless you know that unit, or hire a guide. I shot 2 one year and I felt like I hit the lottery…. 4 is awesome! 
that buck is an absolute stud by the way, love the angular tines

Thanks my friend.  I agree NM numbers are way lower.  I don’t know the unit but am bringing in some help

Just now, SunDevil said:

Would be an impressive accomplishment to get 4 book bucks in one calendar year

Thank you!  I think so too!  Gonna give it whatever I got in the tank

• Like 1