Sign in to follow this  
azsugarbear

Scammer is Back? - Strausburg, CO

Just got a hit on my WTB 80% Lower Jig.  Wants to sell me a $330 jig for $85.  Screen name is armdealer.  A few messages went back and forth.  When he said he lived in Strasburg, CO, an alarm bell went off.  Sure enough......several responses replying to WTB ads on CWT - but each time with a different screen name.  He has one post and joined in June, which raised my suspicions from the outset.

• Like 2

great, I just sent him payment for a set of dies yesterday.

”one’s integrity can never be taken, it can only be given away”

18 minutes ago, Sobrbiker said:

great, I just sent him payment for a set of dies yesterday.

”one’s integrity can never be taken, it can only be given away”

really?  Guy joined the site June 23 and has 0 posts... 

Yup. Sent him a text asking for tracking after seeing this, if no response I’ll just post his number.

Poster is now banned so no one else gets taken advantage of. Thanks for looking out for one another. 

He did provide me with an FFL number that was a current license (checked it on batfe website).  I asked him for pic of the jig along with my screen name and today's date.  Haven't heard back yet.  He seems legit on the surface, but he has used three different names on here in the last 2 months.  With each one, he has claimed to be a licensed FFL dealer from Strasburg, CO.  The license is a legit FFL license, but probably belongs to somebody else??

We were messaging back and forth on the jig about five minutes apart with each response.  When I learned he wasn't local, I gave him my number and asked for a pic.  Haven't heard back from him yet.

He reached out to me today, in response to my post in classified looking for a decoy. Interesting that he wanted $85 for that item as well. 

9 hours ago, GMG said:

He reached out to me today, in response to my post in classified looking for a decoy. Interesting that he wanted $85 for that item as well. 

Under the username "armdealer" ?

Got a hold of him via text, he said he couldn’t get money out of PayPal and is issuing me a refund…..we’ll see.